Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

CAP 232 Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 07:01 PM
hoppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAP 232 Help Please

I have a used Midwest Cap 232 (80 in wing). I'm going to put on a Moki 2.1 and here is what I found. When I took the cowl off the centerline markings on the firewall are 1/4 inch off to the right while looking at it from the front. (the vertical line). The horizontal line is centered ok. It's just the vericle. Is this supposed to be that way? (there was a Super Tigre 4500 on it before). Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15937.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	73102  
Old 11-07-2003, 07:31 PM
CAPtain232
My Feedback: (40)

Default RE: CAP 232 Help Please

The verticle line WILL be off center because of THRUST ANGLE....You want the spinner backplate to fit correctly in the opening of the cowl and you want the cowl to be straight. The engine is going to angle to the right, so off setting it will make it center correctly in the cowl. NOW...How far the offset is depends on two things.....The OVERALL length from the spinner backplate to the firewall and the degree of right thrust that the plane calls for.
Old 11-07-2003, 07:53 PM
hoppy

Yep, that makes since. The cowl was centered and with the ST 4500 the spinner was correct. Do you know if the firewall has the thrust angle built in? The ST was was on a bracket but it didn't look like it had any washers etc to angle it.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:41 PM
Stick Jammer

Most likely it does. You should be able to visually see the angle of the firewall to the fuse.