Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Major O.S. tuning probs. PLEASE HELP!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Major O.S. tuning probs. PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 04:20 PM
loudpipessavelives
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major O.S. tuning probs. PLEASE HELP!

OK I put a .15 cv-x into my nitro stampede, and it ran excellent untill.............

I was driving (wheelie- ing) around when it just died, tried to start it several times, no go.

Well what happened is the stinger on my MIP stinger pipe got plugged with mud, I didn't realize this at first, so I tried to start it, I use a yank eliminator, but it was hydro locked bad. Now after un- flooding it it will not idle at all. I adjusted all the needles back to fact. sugg. and it will start but it revs extremely high, and dies every time I throttle down to idle position, about 1mm on the 10er rot. carb.

I have leaned the low side out, but it still will not idle, like I said I changed back to the factory needle setting and kinda went from there.

I am stumped, it will only start if I open the carb about 1/3 of the way, then it is running at like 1/3 throttle (high rpms), If I turn it down to idle position it dies,I am using brand new fuel and glow plug(s).

I had this thing running near perfect, but now I'm lost, did I possibly mess it up by trying to start it when it was flooded? I took it all apart and nothing is broken, (at first I thought I may have snaped the con rod?), what gives?????

Please help me!
Old 11-15-2003, 04:29 PM
loudpipessavelives

Default RE: Major O.S. tuning probs. PLEASE HELP!

I messed with it some more and adj. the idle screw but that doesn't seem to do anything, I have richend the LS so it is out past the carb body, I have leaned it in almost 4 turns, about 4.5-5 is almost tight. On the high speed side I have just been going by the fact setting and tweaking it some, But nothing seems to work

Does it need a rebuild? It turns over pretty easy but, I only have about 2.5-3 quarts through this motor!
Old 11-15-2003, 04:54 PM
RCBOZO

Make sure your glow igniter is charged
I have both a cell igniter and one that plugs into my 12V power source.
Have you looked at the plug, is the plug getting wet?

My guess is the plug or igniter.
Old 11-15-2003, 05:00 PM
loudpipessavelives

I wish that it was that simple, I put in brand new plug, and I use alkaline C cell in my igniter, it also has a gage on top so I know its not the plug or igniter.

Thanks for the help though!
Old 11-15-2003, 05:03 PM
RCBOZO

Is your plug getting wet?
Old 11-15-2003, 08:53 PM
teamsquirreltail

Man, from a fellow Appleton'er to another, that bites! If it turns over real easy, it doesnt have much compression. You probably overheated it Fortunately, OS is awesome about customer service. Send the motor back in to them and they will fix/replace it for free. My friend accidently overheated his CVX, and he sent it into OS to see what they would say. I dont think he expected anything, but a week later in the mail was a brand new in box CV-X. I sent my old one into them (had over 5 gallons on it, needed a rebuild) and they gave me a free piston/sleeve as well as 2 pullstarts. Installed everything free of charge, no questions!! go to www.osengines.com
They will prompt you to download a PDF file, and you print the pages out, fill them out, and mail them to OS (well actually its called Consumer Services or something) along with the engine, and they will hook you up. I sold the CV-X to my friend Justin (the one with teh Rush) and I bought a Trinity/Picco .15. Good luck man!! I am betting on no compression.