Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

how to fly?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 12:50 AM
deadbench

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to fly?

i tried flyin my heli as what most ppl would tell me, throttle slowly...but at half throttle..seems like its movin towards the left and getting out of control...losing patience...i gave it a straight up full throttle and it flew up...about 10cm..sides to the left and crashed the wall..

my question is ...is that normal? should it fly at half throttle?or should i straght away give it a full throttle then try to control the left right ?..how to control it to maintain a nice hover? instead of straight away flyin at high speed to the leftside after lift off..
Old 11-16-2003, 01:03 AM
deadbench

Default RE: how to fly?

i more thing is..im flyin the colco thunderbird.
should i leave the batteries in the transmitter after flight? will it drain the batteries?
also..after i plug in the main battery to the motor..i hear weird electronic noise...and i realised that some tiny rod linked to the main rotor head is adjusting itself..pardon my technical knowledge...is that normal?or is it gonna blow?

also after i plug in the battery..and i power up the tx..with the throttle stick down at 1st, of coz..i realise that sometimes the heli would spin by itself..even when throttle is down...or with a slight touch on the stick.. is my tx faulty?
Old 11-16-2003, 10:59 AM
frejk

If it's moving to the left try giving it right cyclic to counteract the left movment. If that didn't work check so that the cyclic servos don't bind anywhere. And remember, hovering for the first time requiers patience, it would be a good idea to have some experienced rc-helicopter pilot set the helicopter up for you.
Hope that helps!
Old 11-17-2003, 10:45 AM
Wright Flyer

A few hours spent practicing in http://n.ethz.ch/student/mmoeller/fms/index_e.html might be a VERY good idea. Much better to crash the electronic one than the real one!

Cliff