Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

ts4n engine stops?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 02:52 PM
makniv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ts4n engine stops?

Hi all, i'm new to gas cars and am having difficulty with my recently acquired thunder tiger ts4n. After running it for 5 mins the engine cuts out! And will not restart (even after 20 mins rest)
I have yet to strip an engine and don't know how to check glo plug etc.

I have no idea if it has been serviced, how or what one would do to service?

cheers
Ste
UK
Old 05-18-2004, 05:37 AM
tenchl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ts4n engine stops?

Hi, I myself have a TS4n and i havent had much trouble. I suggest you try a completely new Glow Plug. The Nomalyy cost around £2 - £3. To test your Glow plug you will need to but a special spanner, This spanner had multi ends and sizes and sat in the middle of the spanner there is a small hole where the glow plug sit and the you can connect the glow start and the glow plau will ignite, keep the two connected and look through the small hole in the other end of the spanner and you shoud see a orange light, if you dont you will need a new glow plug. (when you go to the shop to buy a new glow plug, remember to tel them which fuel you use, because you need the correct type of glow plug). I know this sounds a bit stupid but have you charged up you glow start?
Another thing is on the side of your control you have a little swith on the side of your accelerator, push that swith just over half was up, this will increase you revs and depending on how high you set it, it might start to move when it starts, if i does just slowly move the swich down until it comes to a stop.
This web site gives you a picture of the spanner of the you will need.

http://www.prop-shop.com/g/h/hpi74111.jpg

Tenchl