Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

help!!!!!!! looking to get into flying

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

help!!!!!!! looking to get into flying

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 05:46 PM
snowbrules3-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!!!!!!! looking to get into flying

i am into nitro rc cars right now. I would like to get into electic heli's. i would like a Mini. I am wondering what a good mini heli is for me. Never flyed before. I ahev seen smartech on ebay for a good price, are they any good.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:12 AM
is_hady

Default RE: help!!!!!!! looking to get into flying

I just bought smartech aerohawk from Hongkong's site. Its total cost US$256. Well, umm...its not easy as my first thought. As a beginner, its harder than its manual said. But I wont give up and still trying not to frustate too early. Maybe anyone have something to say too about the aerohawk or its brother skylark.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:16 PM
YOGIGURU

I would not recommend mini's for beginners. I would recommend the Corona.
Old 11-20-2003, 03:01 PM
darkside212
My Feedback: (73)

I bought a hummingbird and it is similar to the smartech (i think) I am a beginner and it worked out well for me!!!
Old 11-20-2003, 10:57 PM
ChopperMike

I would also recommend the Corona for someone wanting to get into electrics. I recently bought a Hornet, which I found to be very unstable compared to my Century Hawk Sport Nitro. I just spent about a hundred dollars on upgrades which I'm in the process of installing. Hopefully it'll improve it's stability. Electric micros seem to be money pits, requiring a lot of upgrades to even get into the air, whereas a typical 30 size nitro or the Corona Electric will fly very well out of the box.

My opinion: Don't mess with any of the micros until you have some experience as they require a lot of fiddling.