Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Ok Guys I seriously need some Nitro Engine 101

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Ok Guys I seriously need some Nitro Engine 101

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 08:09 PM
Abram

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok Guys I seriously need some Nitro Engine 101

I dunno what it is with car engines! All my airplane engines and Helicopter Engines run nice but CAR ENGINES HATE ME!!! GAAA! Alright here we go. My ofna mbx pro has the force .21 I posted earlier about some low to mid range throttle up problems. Well I spent my time getting another blister from pulling that ^$@&@!@ pull start trying to get it to work right, I figured out that when it bogged down / stalled reving up to mid-throttle the mixture is too rich on the bottom end but I noticed that the high-end gets effected by the change from the low end setting (low end richer, high end gets leaner I THINK) after a while I got it to the point where it was sounding like it was some pro's car at the track! The sound was just right the smoke was hella sick and it smelled great (even though i was about to faint i did not care, i actually got on SONG!!!) I actually hella drove it around it was sick! But then I noticed it was a tad hot, (i used the spit method, i know! i'm ashamed so i richened it up, then it went downhill from there...I richened it and it would not start up again until it cooled down then when it did cool I started the motor and it sounded like it was dying again! I need help so bad!! So I want to restart and start from scratch. Since low end and high end is all weird now (from me turning them like crazy) I need to know what I should set the needles to (both low and high end) to start over with the tuning. And what you suggest I should do from being a retard again.
Old 11-20-2003, 01:15 AM
Aerobirdbrain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ok Guys I seriously need some Nitro Engine 101

On most carbs ou want to turn the HSN all the way in untill it snuggs up a little (If you go any further past the snugg point then you risk crushing the needle[X(]), then turn it out (CCW) 3 1/2 turns. On the LSN, just turn the screw until its head is flush with its housing. These settings are factory setting and will make the car run richer than Bill Gates (j/k). Just start to lean the car up 1/8 of a turn at a time, it may sound like an eternity but it works. Start working on the HSN first then the LSN then the idle, it'll make your life a lot easier if you get the top end set first to "set the standard" then work your way down. If it starts to act up and rev really high again during this process dont freak out and whrench the needles in or out in a desparate panic to get it right. you've got plenty of time, it takes about a minuite or so for the engine to over heat with an unusually high idle, so take your time and do it right so ou can play more, have more fun and lower your blood pressure at the same time!