Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Meguiar's Plastx for canopy care

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Meguiar's Plastx for canopy care

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 04:40 PM
rflasch
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meguiar's Plastx for canopy care

If your clear canopies are getting a little scratched or foggy from use there is a great product out there for the car care market I have used and would like to recommend.

PLASTX is made by Meguiars and works great on canopies and lexan car bodies. This product actually replaces their Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Cleaner and Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Polish. Two older products that also work great if you can still find them. Also does a fabulous job polishing all plastic films (Monokote,Ultracote, etc,etc)

These products are intended for clear lens covers on brake and headlights as well as plexiglass aircraft and convertable top windows.

Meguiars is a national car care brand and their products can be found at K-mart, Autozone, and other stores that I'm probably not aware of. If for some reason you can't locate any near you, you can buy it direct from Meguiars at: www.meguiars.com

Cost is about $5.00 for a 10 oz bottle and that will do a lot of canopies and monokote jobs!!!!
Old 11-22-2003, 07:41 PM
Droopy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Meguiar's Plastx for canopy care

Anyone try this stuff on Monocote/Ultracote? Wonder how it would do...

Droopy