Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

H9 Cap 232 w/ DA100 Questions???

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

H9 Cap 232 w/ DA100 Questions???

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2002, 01:32 AM
woodscra
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 Cap 232 w/ DA100 Questions???

I just got mine today and it looks great, and the engine looks beautiful.

Now for my questions:

To attach the wings they say drill for a 4-40 screw into the wing tube. This method sounds shaky to me, over time the 4-40 screw will strip in the wing tube, and it may not take long and I also worry about the screw coming loose due to vibration. Did you guys use this method and it is Very successful? Any other ideas? Pics would be helpful.

How many of you are using dual RXs so as to be able to trim the wing servos easily w/o a matchbox?

Is extra right engine offset necessary with the DA100 in addition to what is already in the firewall? If so, about how much?

Thanks
Old 05-11-2002, 02:24 AM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

I got to fly one with this motor and it was awesome. Unreal 3D!

Go to:
Down on the deck

This is Joe Hunts Page. He's the one who let me fly his. He's got a lot of set-up info and tips for the H9 33% Cap.
Old 05-11-2002, 11:36 PM
737driver-inactive

Default wing attach

On my Cap as well as my Extra 330 I used JB weld to attach a lock nut to the inside of the wing tube after drilling and tapping the 4x40 holes. This has worked well. I've heard of guys using various blind nut, stud, and knob arangements that have come loose in flight
Old 05-12-2002, 02:20 PM
Diablo-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

I've got a 6-32 allen bolt that screws in from inside the fuselage to hold onto the wing root rib. The wing root rib has a wooden block with a T-nut on the inside. There also is another 6-32 allen bolt to lock onto the head of the other bolt to keep it from backing out. I stole this method from Dick Hanson. If you go to his website you can see how it's done.

http://www.concentric.net/~Dhmodels/
Old 05-12-2002, 05:51 PM
woodscra
My Feedback: (23)

Thanks diablo, would you please provide me with his web page? I hope it has pictures.
Thanks again
Old 05-13-2002, 02:08 AM
T-ster

To hold the wings on, I've started using nylon tie-wraps. I use a Forstner bit and drill as deep as it will go in the wing root, then epoxy a 1/2" dowel. Drill a hole in the dowel and screw in an eyebolt. After you cut a hole in the fuse for the eyebolt to slide into, you can use nylon tie wraps through the eyebolts to hold the wings on. Works slick and you don't have to mess around with screwing and unscrewing any bolts.

Trevor