Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

vmar aero subaru

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

vmar aero subaru

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 10:56 PM
taildragger21
My Feedback: (197)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vmar aero subaru

Any flight reports on this one?? Or build reports? I am thinking about getting it or the tomahawk, or the new jodel. I want a civil plane and prefer arfs. If you have somthing negitave about vmar, please keep it to yourself, I know there past, but I have seen the new ones. Please dont flame me for wanting a vmar. I am just curious!
Old 11-28-2003, 11:28 PM
bdtsr
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: vmar aero subaru

I've seen the Tomahawk, looked pretty cool with the gear they supply. The owner said it flew well also. The Subaru looks nice and for the price, what can you say?
Old 11-29-2003, 10:30 PM
Q-Ball
My Feedback: (1)

Taildragger,
I had to think long and hard before I made the move to buy the VMAR Edge so I wrote VMAR and talked to one of the guys.He said that too many people pay a lot of attention to the negs on the net. I guess they do but I kinda take everything on the net with a grain of salt.

Man,what horror stories I was reading about the very plane I was going to spend money for. Guys were saying they broke in half on landings,coming aprt in the air....Just the looks of the plane kept me going and I bought one...My complaints are minimul and I'd get another for sure.I don't know what these guys were doing with their plane but mine is bout a year and a half old now with many flights,some rough landings and it's still going and looks good as long as it don't sit in the sun too long.
I guess what I'm saying is that if you like something,buy it regardless of the press it gets.

Thanx Walt
Bottom line.
Old 11-29-2003, 10:31 PM
Q-Ball
My Feedback: (1)

Taildragger,
I had to think long and hard before I made the move to buy the VMAR Edge so I wrote VMAR and talked to one of the guys.He said that too many people pay a lot of attention to the negs on the net. I guess they do but I kinda take everything on the net with a grain of salt.

Man,what horror stories I was reading about the very plane I was going to spend money for. Guys were saying they broke in half on landings,coming aprt in the air....Just the looks of the plane kept me going and I bought one...My complaints are minimul and I'd get another for sure.I don't know what these guys were doing with their plane but mine is bout a year and a half old now with many flights,some rough landings and it's still going and looks good as long as it don't sit in the sun too long.
I guess what I'm saying is that if you like something,buy it regardless of the press it gets.

Thanx Walt
Bottom line.
Old 11-30-2003, 12:52 AM
taildragger21
My Feedback: (197)

Glad to hear that you like it. Yes I know about the whole "internet bashing", thing. I really dont care or pay attention to it. I am the type of person who is to myself, and dont listen to the larger "crowd". hehe. ....... My friend had a harvard 2, and we both loved it!!! It flew great. Some of the hardware was bad. But I feel that when you buy an arf, You have to expect it. Expect to sand and do some fitting. Thanks for the response. Will update with which vmar santa brings!!!!!!!!!godbless