Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

KANGKE WACO UPDATE

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

KANGKE WACO UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 07:19 PM
OVER WORKED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KANGKE WACO UPDATE

The testing on the proto is finished, and we are VERY pleased. The ZDZ -40 so over-powers this plane it's almost silly. A full throttle take off roll is about 10 feet to a continuous vertical acceleration till it's too high to see. Roll rate with 20-degrees of aileron is about 400-degrees/sec. Flat spins both upright and inverted are beautiful, and with a little throttle the rotation rate becomes very fast. Recovery takes 3/4- turn once the sticks are released. The rudder has authority like you can't believe and knife edge loops are possible. The plane is very stable at all speeds with a straight stall. Both take off and landing roll is straight with very little need for rudder, and it 3-points beautifully.
Now for the changes,
I added more right thrust to the firewall.
Strengthened the tail wheel support plate.
Added more adjustment to the upper wing incidence.
Made the cowl thicker as it was too flexable .
Made a small change to the shape of the ailerons to make them more effective with prop blast.
Made a change to the cabaine support mount
smallfly , your request for four aileron servos turned out to be the most popular suggestion, so you got it.
Volfy, the servo tray was re-designed to accept inboard elevator servos if so desired, and it has also been set-up to mount in a number of different positions, this should help with the glow applications.
AJF-2, sorry no jet engine, but we will do a test run with just a beige color and no trim to satisfy your creative urges.
There are a few other things but all very minor.

I want to thank you all for your help and input, if you have any other ideas I still have time to make changes and as you can see, I really am listening!
Old 12-01-2003, 12:17 AM
swooper

Default RE: KANGKE WACO UPDATE

This is the best advertising campaign I've ever seen or heard of. Can't say right now when I'll be ordering because of projects backed up now, but this is the kind of product I want, developed, built, and sold they way I'd want it. I'd like to build a Waco, but hey, if you'll build it, cover it, and let me do the customizing, there's gonna be some CA sitting on the shelf
Old 12-01-2003, 07:19 AM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

Do you have any pictures?
Old 12-01-2003, 07:45 AM
AJF--2
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the update---- quitely waiting-(Taurus 2.4 in storage-- 8101s on shelf)--- hopefully it will get here before my job disappears.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:01 AM
pettit
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Care to try one with a Saito 170 radial? Mine could be available for the testing. (I want it back, though!)

Then I get to do a Product Review on one of the production models with MY engine.

Remember, it'll still be MY engine!
Old 12-01-2003, 12:16 PM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

Ray, you got a buyer waiting, right here! Just based on your willingness to take our suggestions, I will buy one site unseen when you have them.

Sounds like you've sized it just right to take advantage of the popular 25-40cc small gassers. I have several engine in this size range I could use on the Waco. Can't wait.

Just curious though, would you include dummy radial engine with the Waco. Not sure I really care for that since I'm not a scale buff, but I figure I'll ask.
Old 12-01-2003, 12:43 PM
OVER WORKED

Dick, if you send me a Saito 170 I'll be happy to test it, but you know your NOT getting it back ( I have a Monocoupe too remember)
Volfy, any 25-40cc gasser should do just fine, no dummy radial but lots are available in the accessory market.
Swooper, The best part of having you guys help with the design is that if something goes wrong I have someone to blame.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10608.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	78874   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10867.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	78875  
Old 12-01-2003, 06:49 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

This is my kind of company...one of the many reasons I bought the Laser 2000! Can't wait to buy my next Kangke/Super Kraft ARF! Keep up the outstanding work!
Old 12-01-2003, 07:13 PM
Hopsterguy

Wow, that is simply gorgeous. Great job!

I love the silver and red color scheme.

-Steve
Old 12-02-2003, 12:36 PM
OVER WORKED

Just wanted to let you know the price has been set at $499 and pre orders will be taken at a discount.
For info on pre orders call 1 877 203 2377.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:32 PM
hondaking38
My Feedback: (19)

lets see so far i have cap 232/60 cap sport. sk-50 cap 120 monocoupe in the makings , and a spare bennett remington 38 which should go great in the waco....only a few more months..kangke all the way