Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Eurosport Questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Eurosport Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 11:18 PM
Xantos

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eurosport Questions

Hi I am considering the Eurosport from Composite arf as my next project.
I have a few quetions , and would be happy if anybody can answer.
1) C-ARF states that the airplane is not meant fro speed - so what performance can I expect with a P120 ? 150 -200 mph ?
2) Is the C-ARF landin gear good or Robarts are a better choice
3) Is it better to have 4 servos for elevons vs the 2 servos as recommended by C-ARF ?
4) Whats the best fuel tank config fro this airplane ?
Thanks,
Xantos
Old 12-01-2003, 01:41 AM
Ragz

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Eurosport Questions

Hi, I believe there is a new improved EuroSport coming out in the US by planes plus. There is a thread here by Todd Witkoff (lov2flyrc) that talks about this new eurosport. I would wait and take a look at this version of the plane as its essentially the same plane, but much improved in several areas. Todd can you chime in here please...thanks. Lots of ES lovers here in India too
Old 12-01-2003, 05:19 AM
Xantos

Hi Anurag,
Good to hear you got the turbine oil source sorted out , we in bombay need to get a source too.
Will probably get my ES next week but from C-ARF, apparently only diff is that the Planes Plus version has a removable fin.
Was wondering whether to go with the C-ARF retracts or Robarts.
Planning 4 JR 8611s/matchboxes on elevons and Jetronic electronic valves for retracts and brakes.
How was your meeting with the flying sardar during the air race?

Nandan
Old 12-01-2003, 05:52 AM
BirdofpraY
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with the Robart retracts or you can get the whole setup from Planes Plus for your ES. Its a higher quality gear than ones from C-ARF. Ask Todd he can tell you more about this kit as there are a lot of mods required for the C-ARF ES.

Dave
Old 12-01-2003, 09:42 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Nandan,

I see you already bought the C-Arf ES, get the Robart gear if you want them to work . The ES is not a fast plane, nor is it designed to be. Top speed on a P-120 will be 145-150 max and that is with intakes and gear doors. Should you choose to build the plane stock, your looking at 125-130mph max on P-120 power. Even on P-160 power this plane will never see 170 mph, way too much drag. No need for 4 wing servos, waste of time and money. I have over 200 flights on mine with single 8411's per wing without a hint of trouble. Splitting the elevons causes some issues with the hinge and suggest that if you really wish to use two servos, dont split the elevons, leave them intact and matchbox the servos. Best tank setup really depends on if your going with intakes or not (I suggest the intakes, plane handles better!). With intakes, you need a dual tank setup. Without intakes you can use a single tank. Both are available from Planes Plus and I think Tam from Tamjets has tanks too (nalgene).
As for the Planes Plus version, there is a whole lot more than just a removable fin that has been improved over the C-arf version!!! Since you already bought the ES I suggest you check out my site for all the mods necessary on the C-arf verson..... www.lov2flyrc.com

Todd
Old 12-01-2003, 11:26 PM
Xantos

Hi Todd,
thanks for the tips on the ES
1) Are the Robarts like the Spring Air ? i.e Gear down if you loose pressure ? It is a nice safety feature to have.
2) IS the performance with a bifurcated Tailpipe any different from the straight one provided with the ES ?

I think Ill go without the intakes and have a single tank with a header to keep things simple do you have a setup like this on your site ?

Anyway thanks for all the tips Ill check out the construction tips on your site.
Nandan
Old 12-01-2003, 11:40 PM
rcavi8ter
My Feedback: (19)

Hey Todd do you have any pics of the new Euro? I am thinking I need to get on the waiting list for one of these bad mothers. This will be my first step into turbines but everyone I have spoken to says they are good flying aircraft. Any Idea what I can get now? I was thinking P-160 and 8611's on all flight surfaces. What retracts will Don be using on these?

Chris
Old 12-02-2003, 01:43 AM
Ragz

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Nandan, I cant wait to get my ES as well...I will probably get the Planes plus version. Meeting with the Capt. was good...he is a very jovial person. We spent a long time drinking beers and talking planes. I am flying my roo again this weekend. There is a meet in hyd. from dec 18-22. I am thinking of driving down there...wanna join in?
Old 12-02-2003, 04:45 AM
Xantos

Meet in Hyderabad ?! Last I met him he was suggesting Pune.
The logistics of transporting 2 jets to Hyd will be a nightmare, Pune is better.
How do you plan to get your jet there ?
Nandan
Old 12-02-2003, 10:54 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Nandan,

Robart gear are air-up / air-down. They dont have spring return. As for the pipe, you will loose a bit of thrust with a bifurcated pipe over the straight pipe. If you were using a P-160 you could afford the small thrust loss but on P-120 power, you want as much thrust as you can get. I don't have any construction pics for the single tank/no intake setup, everyone I have built has been with intakes. I've flown the euro both with and without intakes and would never build one without them.

Chris,
check out this thread for pics of the new ES from Planes Plus
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_12...tm.htm#1289723

P-160 would be the engine of choice! The ES flies well on a P-120 and really performs on a P-160. Gear will be the same Robart units Planes Plus has been supplying for the C-arf kit. Single 8611's on each surface would be perfect (overkill ).
Todd