Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hobby People and P-47

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hobby People and P-47

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 09:04 PM
skyking424

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby People and P-47

Well last weekend I was putting my MT P-47 together, after cutting the covering back for the wing servos i noticed that the wing rib and the paper tube for the servo wire was smashed. Being late Sat. I went ahead and email Hobby People service dept. along with a picture of the damage , thinking I would not hear anything until Monday. Well I got an E-mail back that night from Mike in service and asked me if that was the only damage? After I checked more closely I found two ribs broken on the left side and I could feel 8 ribs on the left wing and 7 on the right. I sent Mike another E-mail. we exchanged a couple more e-mails and he said he would handle the paper work Monday and send me a new wing. I told him I would gladly purchase the wheel well cups since I already had them installed just let me know how to handle the transaction. Tuesday I received an E-mail from Hobby People saying my wing is shipping. I got it today along with new wheel well cups. Now that is customer service! I took the covering off the old wing today and found 4 ribs either cracked or broken and only 7 ribs on the right side. I was so happy with the service that I ordered a Magnum 91 four stroke for it from Hobby People.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:47 AM
HotelSierra
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hobby People and P-47

It's always nice to hear about good things coming from a hobby company's customer service desk. We all to often only hear about the "ugly" experiences. Good job Hobby People! Let's hope the other hobby companies are watching & listening.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:02 AM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Their service and support are awesome! And I am speaking from experience-

Makes me want to do business with them
Old 12-02-2003, 01:03 AM
SBR_RV

what engine size did this model require, and is there a web site.
thanks!
Old 12-02-2003, 01:12 AM
skyking424

Yep4 I am going to run a Magnum 91 four stroke in mine. Do a search on P-47 and you will find alot of people running 91 and 120 four strokes a few with 2 strokes.
Old 12-02-2003, 05:09 PM
yard-dart
My Feedback: (35)

Skyking,

I would like to know how you got such good service. I purchased the same plane from them, and on the maiden flight, all of the covering came off of the top of the left wing. Fortunately, I fought it safely to the ground. I emailed some pictures of the plane as it sat on the ground right after landing it, showing all of the covering peeled from the wing. I also called and talked to them making sure that they got the pictures. They told me that they did indeed get the pictures. They also told me that in order for me to get a new wing, I would have to destroy the one I had and send them a rib as proof that the wing had been destroyed. I was questionable about destroying what seemed to be a perfectly good wing, except for the covering of course. Needless to say, I did send them a rib and got a new wing with some added accesories in return.

My point being, how did you get a new wing without them having proof that the one you received was actually damaged? They wouldn't send me a new wing without proof. I figured that the pictures I sent them was proof enough, but evidently not. They could even look at my order history to see that I had just purchased the plane about a week or so earlier. It's not like I had flown the plane for months.

Anyway, I am glad that you got good service from them because I didn't. The guy I talked with was rude and would not give me any answers to any of the questions I had. He bluntly stated that he was not going to just send me a new wing. I was not rude to him at all but he seemed very short with me.
Old 12-02-2003, 08:01 PM
skyking424

ORIGINAL: yard-dart

Skyking,

I would like to know how you got such good service. I purchased the same plane from them, and on the maiden flight, all of the covering came off of the top of the left wing. Fortunately, I fought it safely to the ground. I emailed some pictures of the plane as it sat on the ground right after landing it, showing all of the covering peeled from the wing. I also called and talked to them making sure that they got the pictures. They told me that they did indeed get the pictures. They also told me that in order for me to get a new wing, I would have to destroy the one I had and send them a rib as proof that the wing had been destroyed. I was questionable about destroying what seemed to be a perfectly good wing, except for the covering of course. Needless to say, I did send them a rib and got a new wing with some added accesories in return.

My point being, how did you get a new wing without them having proof that the one you received was actually damaged? They wouldn't send me a new wing without proof. I figured that the pictures I sent them was proof enough, but evidently not. They could even look at my order history to see that I had just purchased the plane about a week or so earlier. It's not like I had flown the plane for months.

Anyway, I am glad that you got good service from them because I didn't. The guy I talked with was rude and would not give me any answers to any of the questions I had. He bluntly stated that he was not going to just send me a new wing. I was not rude to him at all but he seemed very short with me.
Yard-Dart,
I don't know. I just sent them a nice e-mail and a picture explaining what I found and this was the outcome. I really didn't think I would get any replies back on a weekend. In my opinion Mike went beyond doing his service job and Hobby People has me for a very happy customer.
Old 12-02-2003, 08:42 PM
JAkridge

I had a bad experiance with Hobby People a year ago. I had a new magnum 91 4 s. And it just wouldnt run. I took it back and they had it for 5 weeks. Well, I "Freaked" out and sent a very nasty email to them. Telling them how much money I have spent over the years on RC cars, planes, boats etc. etc. and i would'nt buy from them again even if I had to drive 2 hours to get what I wanted. And by the way I live about 15 min's from there "Main" store in Fountain Valley, California. Well I got a call from a guy named Mike....He bent over backwards for me, Gave me a new engine rite there the next day. Witch they schould of any how.
But what im saying here is. He really went out of his way, saw me at the store and said he would do anything to keep me as a coustomer.
Rite on Hobby People...I dont buy every thing from them, but it's nice to get to a guy like Mike.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:00 AM
yard-dart
My Feedback: (35)

Skyking,

I emailed them pictures of the plane. In fact they were pictures as it sat just right after I landed the plane. I also had two witnesses. Anyway, I'm glad you got good service from them, I surely didn't. And by the way, I was nice to whoever it was that I talked to, so the poor service was definately not a result of me being an ass. I simply asked them what they were going to do about my problem and they told me that I was going to have to destroy the wing, remove a rib, and mail it to them. I thought that was asking a lot from a customer that had spent countless dollars with them, or any customer for that matter. I figured the pictures were proof enough. Hypotheticaly speaking, how did HP know that you just didn't just accidently damage the wing yourself? From my pictures, it clearly showed that the covering just ripped off. Ffrom the looks of my pictures, there was no way I could have done that to the plane. Anyway, I'm glad someone got good service from them. I'll never get good or bad service from them ever again because they will never get any more business from me.

John