Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New pipe for tyhe RS4 3 ss?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 10:40 PM
soccerismylife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New pipe for tyhe RS4 3 ss?

I want to get a new pipe and was looking at these:
1. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCPX4&P=7
2. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBYF8&P=7
I know there are a lot more pipes out there so please give MORE suggestions. I want to keep under $60.00 and want ease of installation and noise to be a factor. I live by mean neighbors. I also 0f course want some great performence. Thanks for the help.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:46 PM
RS4 BuDDy

Default RE: New pipe for tyhe RS4 3 ss?

got with the THS its the best. (my opinon) cuz the ths would b 1 peice, sort of, the CEVC needs a coupling with the extra header to link it up. ther was a thread about the CEVC and the THS on wich was better. i think the THS came out to be better. and just to tell u if u get the CEVC you need the headers.
Old 12-04-2003, 12:17 AM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually, IMO, the stock header/pipe is fine. I port matched my header to the engine, and drilled out the stinger on my stock pipe (to 7/32" or about 5.5mm) and picked up some top end power. It's a little louder too, which I like...If you're going for looks, then I'd say the THS pipe is nice, and performs well. Just remember that the pressure nipple for the fuel line is on the opposite side of the pipe from most of the available ones out there if you want something else...
Old 12-04-2003, 01:19 AM
GALAXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want the THS pipe....I have the CVEC and don't like it.Good idea Proptop with the port /gasket matching,I'm gonna do that with the header that I'm polishing...that sure is a small opening for the size of exhaust port on the side of the engine,wonder why they did that?I was thinkin about puttin the stock pipe back on for now till I get the THS pipe,it was quieter and ran better than it has since I got the CVEC.The only thing I don't like about the stock pipe is the way it looks,I like shiny metal
Old 12-04-2003, 01:31 AM
rodrigo1508

RD Logics make one also really good [link]http://www.rdlogics.com/products.htm[/link]