Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Charger opinions

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 02:44 PM
arshooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charger opinions

I am brand new to RC and will be geting into park flyers and probably electric stadium trucks. No racing at this time but you know how that goes.

Looking at several chargers. The MRC 969 and the PROMAX Activator and Activator Sport from Hobby People. Would appreciate anyone's feedback on these chargers.

Thanks
Old 12-05-2003, 03:15 PM
Nitroaddict

Default RE: Charger opinions

The MRC 969 Superbrain is one of the best out there right now. I use an older version, the 959 and love it.

Keep in mind that if you want to get into park flyers, you will want a charger that can charge LiPoly packs, and neither of those can.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:07 PM
dbow
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Charger opinions

You may want to look at the Great Planes Triton charger. It will charge anything including the variety of lithium batteries. It charges, discharges, cycles etc. Has memory settings for your packs and just about every setting is adjustable.

I had a Tekin BC112 and I thought it was the best charger on the market until I got my triton. I would have no other and I dont think anything else compares.

The Triton is DC only so it requires a power supply. You can buy one or make one from an old PC power supply. Check out the Battery forum for more info on this charger.

Also, if you plan to use Lithium batteries, do your research carefully, then choose duralite PLUs batteries. They have a protection circuit in the pack that protects the packs from overcharge and such.
Overcharging a lithium pack can burn your house down.

Dbow