Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Burn't motor ?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Burn't motor ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 07:36 PM
The Yank
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burn't motor ?

? Does anybody know of a way to check the motor without a hummingboard . I'm new to this heli thing , and I just plugged the battery in reversed . My hummingboard was visibly burned , Smoked-up . Would this also burn out my 370 motor ? I have a voltmeter but don't really know how to use it . I've heard of a way to touch both terminals + & - and it will give you a reading ,But don't know what setting to put it on . I'm talking about my Century Hummingbird .
Please Help !!!!
Old 12-05-2003, 07:40 PM
tomflier

Default RE: Burn't motor ?

To test your motor just connect pos. and neg. wires to the motor terminals to make sure it still turns over.

More than likely your motor is fine...How'd your bat. get reversed.

I recomend if you have a HH gyro or a comupter transmitter to start using seperates speed controlers instead of a mixer............

Sorry it burnt up
tomflier
Old 12-05-2003, 07:54 PM
MTDV
My Feedback: (58)

Default RE: Burn't motor ?

If you reverse the polarity of your battery, you may have burned the voltage regulator. I assume that you have a new helicopter. If that is the case then you motor is definitely not burned because the motor burns only when it is over loaded or over voltages (very slim change of getting a defective motor). The burned part on the board may be the voltage regulator. If you replace that part with the equivalent one, everything should be okay. However, to answer your question of using the Ohmmeter to test the motor, you first have to switch the meter to the Ohm, and probe the poles of the motor. If you read more than zero ohms, your motor should still alive (proving you have a clean motor), but if you read less than zero ohms, your motor is death. There are many other facts that may cause the falsified reading, but this would be a first step to do. Seek for expert in your local hobby store for help. Hope this helps.

MTDV.