Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Giant Scale Corsair

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 09:01 PM
COL J

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giant Scale Corsair

I am looking for a good Giant Scale Corsair kit. Have been looking at the Top-Flite GS kit. Understand that they are going to discontinue this one. What is a suggestion for a good kit? What are anyones thoughts on the TP kit? Thanks
Old 05-14-2002, 01:54 AM
cknaack
My Feedback: (1)

Take a look at the Ziroli Corsair. I plan on purchasing one in the near future. He offers a fiberglass fuse and the wood kit can be had (laser cut) from Precision cut Kits. I built a TF gold edition a few years back. It was alot of work for something that was not quite scale. Check Nick out at www.ziroliplans.com

Let me know what you think!

Old 05-14-2002, 02:41 AM
Goggles
My Feedback: (4)

If your looking for something a little off scale take a look at North West Hobbies 85"er. Suppose to be an excellant flying machine.
Old 05-14-2002, 11:14 AM
INJUN_EAR
Banned

Originally posted by cknaack
Take a look at the Ziroli Corsair. I plan on purchasing one in the near future. He offers a fiberglass fuse and the wood kit can be had (laser cut) from Precision cut Kits. I built a TF gold edition a few years back. It was alot of work for something that was not quite scale. Check Nick out at www.ziroliplans.com

Let me know what you think!

Yep, you bet they're alot of work.....Top flight kits are well designed (not scale though) but they're very, very, very, labor intensive.....

If I were you, assuming you want to build something, but not make a career of the effort, go with a Ziroli. Better yet, buy the optional glass fuse and you'll only be faced with building the wing and tail featheres......
Old 05-18-2002, 12:40 AM
Grumpy Monkey
My Feedback: (7)

Default TF Labor intensive

I am building the 60 size TF corsair and it has been a beast to build so far. I put it aside to take a break from it for a while cuz its a very labor intensive plane. I guess mainly cuz I cant be satisfied with something right out of the box. I am doing some mods to make it more scalelike,and it is taking a serious time commitment. :spinnyeye
So far I guess my biggest frustration is the CJRetracts wont fit all the way into the wing when retracted and is making life in the semi-scale lane even more frustrating. I wanted full retraction and gear doors but will it will require more modifications( ie extra weight, time and frustration)
But in the end, I guess it will be worth it. I was thinking of the mustang or p-40 next, but I think I am just gonna go Giant instead with a Ziroli.

Warren