Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

FEDA dragonfly heli, dead??????

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

FEDA dragonfly heli, dead??????

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 11:59 AM
gilbumph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FEDA dragonfly heli, dead??????

I have just bought a feda dragonfly, tested that it all works fine last night and it did, the tail rotor went, the main rotor went and the servos worked....but this morning charged up the battery put it in the heli turned on and all that happend was that a little red LED lfashed a few times, the servos twead a very small amount and that was it?????? there was no control what so ever, just sat there dead, the LED had gone out also

any ideas as to what this is all about

P.S the manual says that it should be left for a little while while the electronics sort themselves out. but i left it for ages

thanks

james
Old 12-19-2003, 04:12 PM
Cyberfyn

Default RE: FEDA dragonfly heli, dead??????

Sounds like a dead ESC to me. Could you have shorted out the battery at any point? You can get replacements from Helihobby.com (US) or Midland Helis (UK) it's the same controller for the Century Hummingbird I think.

Ian F.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:19 PM
gilbumph

thanks for the reply

i tryed taking all the batterys out of the TX and putting them back in again and strangly enought it worked?!?!?!?have no idea what happend but its going now

thanks once again
Old 12-20-2003, 12:11 AM
MTDV
My Feedback: (58)

It sounds like you have a bad connection between batteries and their contacts. You should clean them up very throughly or increase the tension to get better connection. Otherwise, you know what will happen if your heli looses command signal. You used rechargeable batteries, and verify their connections by plugging my Futabe TX charger to the socket on the side of the TX. The led on the charger will tell you whether you have good or bad connection. Hope this helps.

MTDV
Old 12-20-2003, 11:14 AM
gilbumph

thanks for that, i will bend the metal plates in a little more so as to make the gap smaller. that should do it

thanks very much

james
Old 12-22-2003, 09:51 AM
CaptinCrash

Hi,
If you still have problems, check the red button (or whatever method it uses) on the transmitter. I sometimes inadvertantly press it on mine and it boots up normally then behaves as is if it is dead.

Fred
Old 02-25-2004, 03:10 AM
kiddin

Did you tap on the little window?
Did he come out?
...the little pilot.. did he wake up and come out?
Im always arguing with mine, i called the hobby store and I explain he barely ever co-operates with me. They hang up on me every time I demand a replacement pilot. This after arriving to the store prior and stating the damage done to my rotor blades every time I fly is the little pilots fault and not mine.
Old 02-25-2004, 03:56 AM
CaptinCrash

I don't have pilot problems like that.
I've made a tiny HV circuit that gives him (might be a her actually) a little jolt when ever he missbehaves, but that makes him crash as well.

Oh well, its great fun while its in the air.

Fred