Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Mounting Floats

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Mounting Floats

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2002, 11:33 AM
Badge
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting Floats

I am putting my GP Cessna 182 ARF on floats but I am clueless in how to attach the floats to the plane itself. My previous experience with floats was a LT40 with wire gear so that was easy. Now I got nothing remotely like it. So I am curious as to what is involved in beefing up the fuse and what needs to be installed for mounting. Also would like recommend on what setup to use for floats themselves.

Thanks
Mike Badger
Old 10-11-2002, 02:42 PM
Tinkerer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting Floats

I'd love to hear any thought or suggestions regarding this as well. I'm currently deciding between the Hanger 9 and GP Cessna 182s. I'm going to make the flaps modification, and plan on flying this bird off wheels, skis, and floats.

Any details would be greatly appreciated.