Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

What do you use for fuel line anchors?

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

What do you use for fuel line anchors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2002, 11:00 PM
Birddog-RCU
My Feedback: (62)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you use for fuel line anchors?

I'm looking for some type of nylon (or other) device to anchor fuel lines to the plane/firewall. Landing gear straps would work great if they were just larger in the U shaped part. What is everyone else using? I would like to clean up my gas engine installs and anchor loose tubing in place.
Old 05-20-2002, 12:43 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Use Nylon tie wraps like they put around electrical wires

Jim
Old 05-20-2002, 05:27 PM
Tommy Meisel

You can solder some fuel tubing onto a small brass plate, then screw the plate to the firewall. Just fasten the fuel line to each end.

You can also take a strip of brass, about 1/4 wide, thick enough to stay where you want it after you bend it, and bend up your own mount straps.

You can buy straps for holding down wire and cable at the electrical department, they work fine.
Old 05-20-2002, 06:17 PM
Birddog-RCU

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the tips guys. I appreciate you taking time to reply.
Old 05-20-2002, 06:32 PM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

Default Brackets

Zip ties as mentioned before work well.

My favorite method is to use rubber grommets. You can pick these up at any well stocked hardware store in the electrical and/or small specialty parts areas. I just make a bracket out of 1/8" lite or aircraft ply, drill a hole in the bracket and stuff the grommet in. I think I'm using 1/2" or 3/8" grommets... can't remember. This allow the line to pass through the grommet with out fuel restriction, yet it grabs enough to keep the line from wandering. Also works well for fire walls.
Old 05-22-2002, 07:39 PM
klbass
My Feedback: (7)

I use coaxial cable straps. You can buy these at Lowes. you get 200 of them for 6.00. They are made to nail your tv cable to the wall. If you take the nail out of the strap and use a servo screw, they work perfect for holding the line. The u shape will fit up to 1/8 tubing. The brand name is Gardner Bender Part # PSW-200J.
Old 05-23-2002, 12:02 AM
Birddog-RCU

Default Thanks!

I think this is what I had seen on other planes in a few publications and have been looking for. I appreciate your response and all the others.
Old 05-23-2002, 02:20 AM
Divesplat
My Feedback: (7)

I've used the nylon landing gear straps, just cut the inside with an X-acto to get it bigger.

Also, found some nylon loops with a hole for a screw. Have used these on the carb for the carb/nipple line. Got these at Lowes in a package of 10 or so. Not sure what they are called though.

Ed