Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Help with Evader ST

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 11:21 AM
bri69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Evader ST

I tried posting and it wouldn't so Im trying again, I hope I dont leave anything out. Well I took it out to run last night and It started fine but wide open, so I adjusted it quickly to an idel. I ran it for about 5 min. and the engine started slipping (like a clutch going bad in a car). Well it then just stopped all together. I check it and the engine is turning and the main gear is turning fine. The weels will turn until there is any pressure on them and then the just dont turn. It sounds like it is slipping in the Differential, or it could be in the gear box. I havent broke it down yet, Im waiting on some advice hear. Does anyone know of this problem and what I could do to fix it, and is it a hard thing to fix, or should I just pack it up and send it in? I really dont want to send it back but if I have too I will. Thanks for any help on this!

Brian
Old 01-02-2004, 01:36 PM
crazyswede

Default RE: Help with Evader ST

I'd start with the slipper clutch. If the spur gear spins but not the wheels make sure the clutch is adjusted. Turn the adj nut all the way tight then back it off 1/8 to 1/4 turn. Also check your wheels, My son put the wheels on once but not all the way and there is this pin that has to seat in a notch on the back of the wheel. If the pin isn't seated in the wheel it will work ok for a little while then it will just rip up the back of the wheel.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-02-2004, 03:13 PM
bri69

Im not real good at all with RC (not knowledgable). Is the slipper clutch inside the gear housing? It seems to be spinning fine until it goes into the gear or transmission housing. The guy on Tech support just told me that my Differential needs tightening, Im not home to try, but I did tighten it yesterday but lostened it back up about 1/4 turn. He said that was way too much and he told me just to tighten it all the way up. I guess I will tear it apart tonight, I dont feel good about it, I hope I can get it back together. I dont have my Assembly sheet any more and the one off the net is poor quality. Do you know if it is hard to take apart and if there is any springs or parts I should be aware of that might fall apart as I take off the cover and then want know where it came from. Thanks for the advice. You know, the whell thing made since, I had all wheels off before I drove it and I did put them on quickly, but After this happened, I took them off and put them back on very good. I will check that first. Can you explain how to adjust the clutch?

Thanks
Brian
Old 01-02-2004, 03:40 PM
nitroguy123
My Feedback: (3)

The slipper is right behind the the spur gear(the on sticking out of the transmission). To tighten it just tighten the bolt the spur gear sits on(until it wont tighten anymore) then back it of 1/4 of a turn. You might also want to check the drive shafts for missing pins. They can fall out and cause this sort of problem too.
Old 01-02-2004, 07:37 PM
crazyswede

here is the spur gear, The slipper is attached to the back of it by those 2 black screws.

cleanliness is next to what?.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:37 AM
cykociv

(Check out the picture for points to check) If you tighten the nut on the end of the spur gear and that doesn't work, remove the passenger side axle and there is a hex in there. If its not loose then don't tighten. If its loose tighten. You don't want to over tighten. There are washers in there and they will pinch.

If you do this and it still is not working, its the transmisson. I just sent my ST back to duratrax. They are going to fix it.

Hope that you have better luck then I.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62680.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	107694