Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Lanier 25% Laser & Goldberg Sukoi - 2.4 Gas?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Lanier 25% Laser & Goldberg Sukoi - 2.4 Gas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 02:39 PM
4pointroller
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lanier 25% Laser & Goldberg Sukoi - 2.4 Gas?

I have a used Goldberg Sukoi that had a Saito 180 before I bought it. Also I just bought a newly built Lanier 1/4 scale Laser. Both are heavier than advertised even with a 4 stroke 120 would weigh in at about 11-12Lbs. If I beef up with triangle stock behind firewall and add 1/8 ply doubler on front of and pin firewall: What do you think about a Brison or PFE 2.4? These are 70-72" span with area of about 900-920 sq. Its not the ballance I'm concerned about as much as the vibration factor compared to 120-150 4stroke. These were both built from kits. the laser has 1/32 ply over tail feathers. If yes what props for low clearance? YES, I know they would fly best with glow and If I must I will invest in glow. But, I like gas better if the frames can take it. What are your thoughts?
Old 01-02-2004, 05:52 PM
up on one
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Lanier 25% Laser & Goldberg Sukoi - 2.4 Gas?

well i had a lanier laser 200 with an o.s.108 up front. i bought it used and it weighed in a 10 lbs w\ no gas. it would barely pull out of a hover full, but as the tank emptied it would do ok hovering. i think a gas motor would be to much vibration and weight. i dont know why your laser is so heavy? i dont care for gas either. my laser was crashed a guy at our field trying to stop it from snapping. so there went a good plane!
Old 01-03-2004, 12:39 AM
4pointroller
My Feedback: (30)

I actually am still waiting for the shipment. I bought it on RCU. So I'm guessing baised on the Sukoi which was about 11 lbs with the Saito. Mostly in cowl and pan weight. With a gasser the Laser would weigh 11-12 lbs at least I think. Another thought would be the RCS 180. Not much lighter but I hear it's smoother than the 2.4s. Seems like the big 4 strokers thump pretty good too. I just want to leave the cleanup out of my day. It gets all over everything over time; shoes, van, house.....
Old 01-03-2004, 02:14 AM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

The RCS 180 is the same weight as a ZDZ 40 and not much less money. My friend's ZDZ is a real smooth running machine.I wouldn't mess with the RCS. The 140s are good, but not enough for a 12 pound plane.