Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Lcoking Diff?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 02:17 AM
z style

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lcoking Diff?

i'm sure this has been posted before but i coudln't find it.

locking your diff would give you more traction with the tires right? all you would need to lock them is some diff grease? do most ppl lock their diff or just put 3000et/1000wt in the diff? the 4 spider gear mod ive heard is a must so that will be first on my list.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:09 PM
waverave
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lcoking Diff?

Most don't lock their diffs for everyday bashing. The only reason to do that would be for rock climbing or hill climbing or something where you need max traction.
If you lock the diffs basically you are taking away the handling so a good compromise is to use a heavy diff fluid that gives you limited slip.
If you want to lock your diffs you can use either a diff spool, silly putty, or JB weld.