Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Considering Savage 21...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 11:47 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering Savage 21...

In a deal... It is a lightly used Savage 21 w/about a gallon through it. It has upgraded dogbones, otherwise
is stock. I know the SS and .25 are ideal kits, but the 21 is what is available to me...

I already have a Maxx... I love it! I personally like to try different manufacturers, because I like how
they do things different- makes them fun to work on, and with a Savage and Maxx, if I break something,
I know I will have parts READILY available here, so I should always have one of em up no problem...
Of course, after the Maxx RPM stuff, it hasn't broken once in weeks of hard running (SoCal)

Worthwhile? Ya, or nay, what do you think? And what do you think it would be worth?

Thanks!
Old 01-12-2004, 03:12 PM
mike1288
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Considering Savage 21...

I Paid $215 for my Savage 21 Used w/o a Body and it was missing the front dogbones. Other then that it was in great shape. I'd say pay up to $300 for a used one As long as everything is Included
Old 01-12-2004, 03:58 PM
Rex2342

Default RE: Considering Savage 21...

The main difference with the S25 and SS when compared to the S21 is the engine.The other differences are cheap to get hold of.If the truck already has Silver Heavy Duty Dogbones you won't need much else to upgrade to the S25.HPi has an engine exchange program and they'll give you a .25 engine for 100$ plus you 21bb or for another 40 bucks you could get a Hyper 21 8 port and keep the 21bb as a backup.The rest of the truck is the same except for the S25 fuel tank and S25 3 shoe clutch.