Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

does anyone remember Prospeed or Hi-Jacker?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

does anyone remember Prospeed or Hi-Jacker?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 10:25 AM
ICrashThings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anyone remember Prospeed or Hi-Jacker?

Lets take a stroll down memory lane! These were really old tyco cars...well like 10 years ago old. prospeed was a race car u see on nascar and hijacker was a car that was in the form of a lambargini(sp) that popped its hood up too make it seem bigger...anyone remember now???

I had both these cars and saddly they broke...but it was funny when they were about to brake, they both lost their brakes and instead of breaking, it was like turbo and they went 35mph!(which is fast for a tyco) i just wanted to know if like anyone remembers these 2 cars...and maybe know where to get them...i would really like to get new ones...they reminded me of my youth![8D]

[&:]
Old 01-18-2004, 12:50 PM
R/C car guy

Default RE: does anyone remember Prospeed or Hi-Jacker?

are you seriouse when you said the hi-jacker goes 35mph? i have one and was driving a couple months ago(can't drive it now cause it broke) and it only goes about 15mph. and that is fast for a tyco car.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:48 PM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: R/C car guy

are you seriouse when you said the hi-jacker goes 35mph? i have one and was driving a couple months ago(can't drive it now cause it broke) and it only goes about 15mph. and that is fast for a tyco car.
i never joke when i talk about my baby hijacker, that thing got so messed up and got the turbo...my god...it got shattered and caught on fire from over heating on turbo one day...i miss my pride and joy!!!!!

plus i know 35mph cause a police man down the street need to test his radar gun on something so i said "Test this car" and he had an average of 35mph. [X(]
Old 03-04-2007, 05:04 AM
impalatpi66

i remember this car. does anyone still have one they are selling?
Old 03-04-2007, 06:36 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

MAn i have been looking ALL OVER for a Hi-jacker. I loved that car when i was younger and man it seemed fast back in the day didn't it? I am also intresting in buying one if anyone knows wher ei could find it. I had a black one it was saweet!
Old 03-04-2007, 11:21 PM
The_Collector

I had the larger size of the Hi-Jacker when I was 10 or so. I think there was a 1/10 and a 1/12 scale model. Yes, they did have some serious go for a Tyco. That Turbo mode was hell on the battery. I used to actually keep off of the turbo so I could drive it longer. My HJ had broken the mechanism that allowed the body to be in a lower position. It was like an early Eclipse with rally tires. I think they were all black with reflective windows, red and green pin striping and a funky colored chassis assembly. Remember the TV commercials for the "Turbo" Tyco R/C's? Funny stuff.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:26 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yah the hijacker was awesome. My buddy threw a wet soaked heavy newspaper at it because my car was faster then his and BAM it tore the body right off and i couldn't get it back on to save my life, not even JB weld could keep it on
Needles to say i had to hurt him a little for that!

So come on, does anyone know where to get one?
Old 01-18-2021, 12:50 PM
Demented giant

Originally Posted by ICrashThings
i never joke when i talk about my baby hijacker, that thing got so messed up and got the turbo...my god...it got shattered and caught on fire from over heating on turbo one day...i miss my pride and joy!!!!!

plus i know 35mph cause a police man down the street need to test his radar gun on something so i said "Test this car" and he had an average of 35mph. [X(]
youre full of ****, a lidar would not pick your hi jacker up to begin with, and they are not tested by clocking vehicles, they are calibrated and tested using tuning forks