Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Truckzilla?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 01:41 PM
KyleB15
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truckzilla?

Should i buy the truckzila? It really look s like it is worth it but many people have had problems. Is there anybody out there that can tell me about there experiences.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:14 PM
paperclipracer
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Truckzilla?

wait for the cen gennis its the truckzilla but better ..... www.cenracing.com
Old 01-20-2004, 08:43 PM
CrashKid

My neighbor has one. It does wheelies on command with the stock tires. He jas the Kongs.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:25 AM
Zilla46

I have one - almost run in - crunched it into a piece of concrete . Repaired now , just waiting for a new hot bod's wheel.
Check out the pre crash pix.
With the Jumbo Kong wheels on i get alot of clutch slip at the moment. Clutch is bigger than Std too.
The only prob with the kit as it came was that the clutch bell didn't align at all well with the spur gear - see pic , i have now sorted that.
I am thus far v-impressed with it - easily faster than my mates rtr25 , even during run in .
I have uprated the diffs - they now have 4 x small bevel gears in each , + i've put grease in them instead of oil. Also i have a steel spur gear.
The longer chassis is thicker and alot stronger than Std too. (Much better quality ally ! )
I'm going to have to run it with the Std wheels as i cannot as yet get hot bods ones in the UK - come on guys please ??

Sorry guys - i can't send pix at present ( good ol AOL )

Will do L8R
Old 01-24-2004, 10:41 AM
Zilla46

Still cannot upload pix.
Ah but i have sent some to my gallery - check it out.