Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Trouble installing tuned pipe/header

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 11:30 AM
hpi-in-ri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble installing tuned pipe/header

Hello everyone. I just bought a team orion tuned pipe and ehader set for my rear exhaust. The engine is the nitro star pro xs. The problem i am having is the round gasket keep bunching up when i try to connect the header to the engine itself. Any suggestions on what i can do or maybe use in place of the supplied gasket? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:37 AM
ko

Default RE: Trouble installing tuned pipe/header

goto autozone, pepboys, advance auto parts, exc... and get some high temp silicone gasket... it comes in a tube and you should apply it all over the side of the header that touches the exhaust outlet on the engine... follow instructions and let dry before you attach the header to the engine and make sure the header is free of nitro or oil before applying...

or you can take pieces of an old valve cover gasket from a real car and use an exacto blade to trim to the size you need and dont forget to trim the holes for the header screws and exhaust outlet...

hope this helps
Old 01-20-2004, 11:58 AM
hpi-in-ri

Will that work on the round rear exhaust ? I have seen someone do that before on a side exhaust port.
Old 01-20-2004, 01:03 PM
ko

try buying a new set from your LHS tell them the problem and they should hook you up with the right ones
Old 01-20-2004, 01:15 PM
dbow
My Feedback: (1)

Sounds like you might have the wrong gasket for your particular engine. Try placing the gasket in the header then pushing it onto the engine. Using the gasket sealer will make a big mess, I would not use it.

If you cannot get it on correctly then head to the hobby shop and find the right one that fits.

Dbow
Old 01-20-2004, 01:28 PM
hpi-in-ri

Yea i tried putting the gasket in the header first, and then on the engine itself but neither one worked. Do the make gaskets that are a little thinner ? Thanks again for the help guys.