Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Dumas SV-60 Custom

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Dumas SV-60 Custom

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 09:43 PM
verheyquick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumas SV-60 Custom

Hi ,What's Up? Just waiting for spring to tear up some water. Here's some pic's of my Barenaked Lady! She has a High Output G23 with clutch,Polished wet header & Tuned pipe,Polished Enforcer SPD-III surface drive,Polished sherpened & balanced Prather SS-280 prop,Pollished Marine Specialties HBR dual rudder's & Polished SS 3" trim tabs.She is painted Indigo Blue with ppg base coat/clear coat. She pulls low 50's.Ibuilt her for fun! What do you think about her?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl31121.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	92666   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41354.jpg
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	92667   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16709.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	92668   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25871.jpg
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	92669  
Old 01-20-2004, 11:52 PM
tsunami

Default RE: Dumas SV-60 Custom

i think you need an ice cutter form the coast guard
nice lokks graet but how do you see it on the water ...watch for the roost?
Old 01-20-2004, 11:57 PM
ibuildstuff

check your batteries in your gps, cuz theres no waythat setup is gettin low 50's.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:39 PM
BILLIUM
My Feedback: (40)

In have seen this boat run. It is very capable of hitting the 50 mph mark !!! so if your going to [BUILD STUFF]!! I suggest you might try learning how to [BUILD STUFF] right the first time!!! Then maybe just maybe you can get from the back of the bus to the front with everybody else!! THIS POST WAS NOT MEANT TO BE NEGATIVE ! JUST KNOWLEDGABLE!! I stayed at Holiday Inn last night myself once ? Or maybe it was twice. BILLIUM
Old 01-24-2004, 12:28 AM
ibuildstuff

billum, maybe you should go back to grade school and learn to read

check your batteries in your gps, cuz theres no waythat setup is gettin low 50's.
the keyphrase in there is "theres no way that setup is gettin low 50's

Hope that clears it up.

FTR. I have built boats that would SMOKE any "premade" boat out there.. so to say i need to "learn to build stuff" is kinda foolish, and not to mention childish. I didnt put him down, i just clearly stated that he may need to check the batteries in his GPS, becuase that SETUP aint gettin low 50's... itll get high 40's but it aint breakin 50s, EXPECIALLY with a g23. Dumas hulls are not the "best thing around" they never have been and they never will be.

So you billum, this is ment to be negative, because you sir, DO NOT know what your talkin about.

Jesse
Old 01-24-2004, 12:50 AM
tsunami

easy boys
I'm not say in either it does or doesn't do low 50's but theirs always the possibility. no two hulls will act identical ,some are fast ,others are ridiculously slow but theirs always chance.
I'm not doubting your expertise but the matter is i wouldn't care if you worked for dimers and designed it.
chance i8s the biggest variable in a boat ,Ive seen stuff do things it shouldn't do namely a boat i used to race with did 230mph at 1/2 track (1/8 mile)although it was only doing 228 at the back door, much controversy took this boat and now its broken records all to $@%^, all the other racers said a little Kurtis wouldn't work we were new so we didn't care and we kept on our way. 3years later and no one still has ever got our half track speed yet.
sometimes its just impossible to explain with theory's and test sheets.