Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Operational Canopy Setup?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Operational Canopy Setup?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 06:01 PM
MLaCoste
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Operational Canopy Setup?

I'm looking for info on how to set up an operational canopy on my Roo II. I'm planning on making the canopy look like the F-15, with a front hard mounted windscreen section that will hold air charging points and power switches, and functional rear section. I think I know what needs to be done, but would like some input/ tips on how and where to mount the actuator and other hard points necessary to make this work. Also is there a technique or mechanism out there that keeps the canopy down & locked in flight other than air pressure?

Thanks in advance,
Mark
Old 01-21-2004, 09:42 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Operational Canopy Setup?

I heard that Yellow aircraft has a three air cylinder setup for the F-15/18 with locking pins that will do this. I suppose you could do it with a roo, just seems to me that the roo really isn't deserving of such work, but to each his own! Good luck and let us know how it turns out if you do it.
Old 01-23-2004, 02:12 PM
MLaCoste

Okay, tried to PM Shaun, but haven't received a reply yet.

Does anyone have any info out there how the YA F-18 setup is done? Or others out there that have done this on their scale airframes?
Old 01-23-2004, 03:06 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Mark,
Sean is in Tampa at the moment but will be coming to my house this evening, I'll let him know your looking for more info....

Regards,
Todd
Old 01-23-2004, 10:30 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Mark, since Shaun of yellow aircraft and I have the same name only different spellings, I'm not sure which of us you were after. Anyway, let me know if I can help,

Have fun,

Sean
Old 01-28-2004, 01:47 PM
MLaCoste

Thanks guys!

Sean in Tx.- Thanks for popping in on this. If you have any ideas on how to do this set up on the Roo, please let me know.

Shaun of YA- If you have any ideas or think the YA F-18 canopy mechanics would work, please let me know.

Here's a pic of what I have so far. I still have to cut the aft end and make a hinging system (I think I'm going to do something similar to what Todd did on his Euro's speedbrake.....)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29438.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	95148