Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Florida Jets Runway

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Florida Jets Runway

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 02:37 PM
FTiano
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Florida Jets Runway

Hello Everyone,
I have had several jet pilots call or email me and to question the condition, size, direction and confinements of the runway in use at Florida Jets in Lakeland.

The runway is actually a Taxi-way, hard surfaced, measuring 50 feet wide by 4,000 feet long of which we will use 3,000 feet. Immediately adjacent to the hard surface is a Brand New grass strip that butts up to the Blacktop surface perfectly, meaning that there is NO Transition or Bump when rolling off the hard surface onto the new grass surface. With the addition of this new grass area, the runway becomes over 100 feet wide. There are NO Landing lights, Anywhere!

The runway runs East West and we face North while flying, so there is Never a problem with the sun in our eyes, at anytime, throughout the entire day! The surounding area is so large that there are NO flight restrictions. You may fly as far as you can see, although you probably won't want to do that!

When the runway construction is finished, by Feb. 5th, I'll post some photos on our web site. Thanks for listening.

FT
Old 01-28-2004, 04:37 AM
Stig Andersen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Florida Jets Runway

Hello Frank.

That sounds great. The Danish gang is looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Do you know if it will be possible to make a AMA Membership for us foreigners for the event.?

Thanks in advance.