Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Monokote stretcher

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2002, 01:21 PM
SNAFU
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monokote stretcher

Any idea's on how to stretch monokote for the wings. I don't have any help. I was thinkig a picture frame type of device that would hold it tight with weight's for tension. Maybe there is a construction article out there.

Thanks
Old 06-01-2002, 09:40 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Monokote stretcher

Monokote shrinks by heat, you don't need to stretch it at all. You can get it drum tight if you practice. I've been monokoting since it came on the market(almost 30yrs?), and it always gives a good finish, it's just a matter of practice.
Once your tacked decently all around your structure, then you can add a little more heat, and get it tight. There's a ton of threads here on it, just do a search. Or if your having trouble with TopFlite's brand, there's several other brands of film coverings out there that you might be successful with.
I wouldn't waste time stretching though, there's no need.