Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Zenoah G26 - RF interferrence

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Zenoah G26 - RF interferrence

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 11:20 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Zenoah G26 - RF interferrence

Hi,
a friend in thye club I am in has a Modeltech Dragon lady powered by a Zenoah G26. He has suffered a few hits whilst flying and subsequent investigation points to RF interrence from the ignition system of the G26.

He has shielded the spark lead with briading and I had suggested making sure the case of the motor and battery were at same potential.

throttle linkage is plastic as is the flex rod.

Can anyone shed any further light on what he might try to cure this?

thanks
Peter

[email protected]
Old 03-26-2003, 12:21 AM
3dd
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

been there done that, make sure that all kill switch wires or any ignition wiring is at least 12 inchs away from all radio leads and reciever and any radio parts.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:33 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they already checked all of that
Old 03-31-2003, 01:15 PM
pettit
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You said something like "...make the engine case and battery ground at the same potential...". Since the G-26 doesn't have an electronic ignition, and therefore no battery of it's own, I assume you mean the receiver battery. Herein lies the problem. You absolutely positively cannot join the case of the engine to any part of the receiver circuitry, including the battery. This will bring RF noise from the engine directly to the radio system and it will give you problems that cannot be corrected.

If it were me, I'd remove the braid from the high tension (spark plug) lead and disconnect the engine case from the receiver battery ground. Make sure EVERYTHING associated with the engine is at least 12" from EVERYTHING associated with the radio system, This includes batteries, switches, kill switch, antenna, servos, EVERYTHING!

I have used 2 separate G-26 engines on 2 different planes and followed the above rules and there's no problems. If problems persist, you may want to investigate the radio system itself.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:30 AM
dondg
Banned

Default RE: Zenoah G26 - RF interferrence

I am puting on a g-26 on a 1/4 202 in the book it said pressure fitting nipple dos it need it?????? if not what do i do with the one that go`s to the pipe

my email is [email protected]

ps.. if some one can help me ....i thank you
Old 10-29-2005, 07:53 AM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI, change the spark plug, a friend of mine had interference on his gaser and the cure was a new plug.
Rcpete
Old 10-29-2005, 12:21 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Make sure the spark plug is a resistor plug; should have an R in the part no. Also, if there is a lot of carbon build up in the engine and on the plug interferance can occur. Mr. Pettit gave good advice above although I often get by nicely with much less than the recommended 12 inch seperation. Also make sure there is no metal to metal joints anywhere on the plane that can vibrate or rub together. Check all flying wires, landing gear braces etc.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:53 PM
eagledancer

you also did not mention what type of radio you are flying with, years ago i had some problems trying to use am radios with gassers