Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

need a 90 degree header for OS engine

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

need a 90 degree header for OS engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 10:55 AM
sbaugz
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need a 90 degree header for OS engine

Hello,
I posted this request in the OS engine forum but they couldn't help. I need a 90 degree header for my OS FS30 four stroke engine. The included 45 degree header won't work because it blasts oil and stuff all over the side of my plane. I know OS doesn't make one that would work, but are there any other aftermarket companies that make one??
Old 02-16-2004, 12:20 PM
Spaceclam

Default RE: need a 90 degree header for OS engine

why does it spew oil? is it simply too small of a bend or does it leak through the threads? i would try and find out the thread on those headers and find one that has the same threads. you are most likely to find what you are looking for that way.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:56 PM
sbaugz

I wouldn't go as far as saying that it "spews" oil, but it does spray the typical fuel and oil residue that most planes do.

Let me explain further why I am having problems. The engine is from my twin c160, that has one engine mounted inverted on each side of the wing. The engine on the right side of the wing has the pipe pointing directly at the fuselage. That is why I need to have a different bend. I can easily measure the threads, but I need to know companies that make these headers. Tower has some listed, but none of them are the right size. If someone could point me towards a company that makes these, that would be great.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:00 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Sorry about that , I lied, it's Performance Specialties. "http://www.pspec.com/"
Old 02-16-2004, 05:16 PM
sbaugz

Thanks for the link. They only make headers for larger OS engines (70/90). Mine is an OS 30, and they won't work. Any other links people can send my way?
Old 02-16-2004, 05:24 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Actually, Performance specialties make mufflers to fit almost all fourstrokes with the swivel mount being the one that would do you the most good. All you need know is the thread size of your exhaust system.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:56 PM
sbaugz

well, maybe I need to contact them directly then because on their website, they list OS 70 and 91 four strokes. The thread size on these 30 four strokes are pretty small and I doubt they use the same thread size as the OS 70. They do carry many sizes of 2 stroke engine mufflers but that won't help.