Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Center of Gravity on GP Christen Eagle

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Center of Gravity on GP Christen Eagle

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 05:14 PM
foodirectr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center of Gravity on GP Christen Eagle

I am building a GP Christen Eagle with a DA-50. Placed the servo's like GP said, in the back of the plane. In order to get a CG at 6 1/8th inch I would have to put 2.75 lbs of weight in the front. I have double and triple checked this also. Has anyone else ever had a problem with the CG of this plane? What did you do or find? I have already moved the rear servo's to the CG line and now I still need a little under a pound of weight in the front.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:24 PM
Texas 3D
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Center of Gravity on GP Christen Eagle

well, my CE with the DA 50 balanced out perfectly, and with the battery sitting on the servo tray and the ignition sitting on the firewall (motor box) it balances towards the rear CG location. Flies perfectly fine with a aft CG and has no bad habits. I wouldn't go further back then recommended before maiden flight.
Did you balance it with spinner prop, ignition and everything on ?
Old 02-17-2004, 09:30 PM
foodirectr

Back from the leading edge the book calls for the first few flight to be 6 1/8 and the spectrum is 3/4 of a inch from that point either way. With the servos in the back of the plane and everything installed on the plane including the ignition, spinner, etc. The cg is 6 7/8 I am only a average flyer so it should be 6 1/8 to begin. How far back from the 6 1/8 did your plane come in at?
Old 02-18-2004, 11:16 AM
deputydog

I agree with Texas3D! With my DA and the ignition switch and battery all the way forward, and the rx battery on the forward portion of the tray, its within the recommended cg range. Everything is built stock except I cut an opening in the bottom forward area thats only epoxied so that I can install ignition stuff and get to the mount bolts. I'm also using Duralites!