Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Gyro Adjustment?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Gyro Adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 11:41 AM
raabid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gyro Adjustment?

I'm just learning with my new Hummingbird, and I'm constantly having to swing the tail back right, do I need to adjust the gain on the gyro, or add rudder trim, or is this normal? If I do need an adjustment please give me some details as Century's manual is lacking.
Old 02-20-2004, 11:57 AM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Gyro Adjustment?

I think you need to adjust the centering, not the gain. Does the tail slowly drift without your manual correction? That would be centering. Gain adjust how aggressively the gyro tells the tail to make the corrections. Turn up the gain until the tail wags, and then back the gain dwon is very small increments until this wag goes away.
Old 02-21-2004, 05:28 AM
raabid

Yes, it is only drifting slowly requiring me to bump the rudder stick every three to five seconds. How do I adjust this "centering"? I'm not sure if I understand still what the gain on the gyro does and how it adjusts, is clockwise increasing or decreasing?
Old 02-22-2004, 10:48 PM
raabid

HELLLLLLLLPPPPPPP!
Old 02-23-2004, 03:50 AM
rodgermoore2001
My Feedback: (3)

ok. i just got my heli to sit in front of me and hover perfectly. i thing as far as the gyro goes. the heli i have is the aerohawk. and it has two pods. i've been told that the front pot is gyro gain and the rear potis the tail speed controler. the way i see it. the tail setting is going to adjust for the motor torque and head speed torque. i have trimmed the blades and upgraded to the johnson motor. i have found adjusting the tail to respond to torque is enough to keep the heli straight and i have the gain at 15% just bearly on at all. seeeing as i fly indoors i have found the gain to be useless and the tail rotor is what keeps the heli straight. once u get the heli to stay straight using the tail speed i predict the gain is to be adjusted for wind speed. so i sugest u adjust accordingly. happy flying
Old 02-23-2004, 07:13 PM
pgitta
My Feedback: (3)

Let me guess, When it drifts you have to give it a LOT of right rudder to SLOWLY bring it back and if you give left rudder it acts like it's turbocharged?

Not the gyro. It's the POS heli design. I've sunk over $150 into it already for this problem with pinions and high authority tail motor. Now I'm tail heavy with new problems and the response is not much better.

Browse this forum and you'll come up with a million references to tail problems with the HB. I've just about had it.

I have one cheap if anyone's interested.