Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

HELP, Gas Engine Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 02:35 PM
edwarda10pilot
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HELP, Gas Engine Question

NEED HELP. A few years ago I bought a Ziroli P-40 (partially built) and I got an engine in the deal. I was told and have since had this confirmed that the engine is called a Hornet 70 and was available in the late 70's early 80's. My question is does anyone know anything about this engine? What brand of piston/cylinder was used? and lastly, does anyone know where I can find Tillotson carb parts?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Ed
Old 02-22-2004, 08:34 PM
edge_fanatic
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP, Gas Engine Question

ORIGINAL: edwarda10pilot

NEED HELP. A few years ago I bought a Ziroli P-40 (partially built) and I got an engine in the deal. I was told and have since had this confirmed that the engine is called a Hornet 70 and was available in the late 70's early 80's. My question is does anyone know anything about this engine? What brand of piston/cylinder was used? and lastly, does anyone know where I can find Tillotson carb parts?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Ed
Wow...I'm not familiar with the engine, but will ask a few of my friends...
Old 02-23-2004, 09:37 PM
edwarda10pilot
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: HELP, Gas Engine Question

Edge Fanatic:

Yeah, it seems to be a rather rare (i.e. not many people used them) engine. I have solved my carb repair problem. A friend in our club sent me to a lawn mower repair shop in the Dallas TX area. I showed the lady the tillotson carb and about 2 minutes later she came back with a gasket set. People tell me that if it is an engine or carb used on a lawn mower, weed eater, etc. they know about it and have the parts. If anyone is interested the name of the company is Freel Enterprises in Dallas TX. Their number is 214-376-9913. If you are looking for carb or engine parts they might be worth a try. I'm a happy camper and now I can get my Ziroli P-40 back in the air.

Later,
Ed