Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Century HummingBirds

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Century HummingBirds

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 08:27 PM
jvanoy3
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Century HummingBirds

Hi everyone,
I have just bought a Century HB(hummingbird) and was just wondering, is there any way to make these things 3D and what is the deffrence in these and gas heli's, i mean the controls. There is a new HB coming out and what is going to be the diffrence in that and the V2. I am going to also use LiPo and is it ok to use 11.1v to get some more power or how can i find out. I would love to see some pic.. and vedios, so put them on here if you have any.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:13 PM
techcoast

Default RE: Century HummingBirds

Wow.. difference between the new coming HB and the VII, collective pitch, as for control difference between the big boys and what we have, nothing. The difference is weather or not you have a helicopter radio to control the collective pitch with the motor control.

The HB VII, uses a mixing board to control throttle with the tail rotor and because it's fixed pitch does not need to have mixing in the tx. However, if you plan on buying the up-coming CP, I'm gonna say that you will probably need the mixing built into your radio. The HB you have now will fly fine with a mixing radio, just don't use the option.

As for making the HB 3d, well you have a couple of ways to go. Either wait until it comes out in CP, or get the Hornet CP rotor head. ( I think I'd rather wait cause I love the new look of the rotor head on the new HB!!! ) BUT I don't know how it will fly, so a lot remains to be seen. Also, Hobby Lobby makes a CP aluminum head for the Hornet/HB.

Happy flying!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~ibsniper (Hummingbird Helipad)
Old 02-24-2004, 09:19 PM
jvanoy3
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Century HummingBirds

Well i have the futaba 9c, so i no it will mix but when the new hb comes out, will there be a kit that you can buy that make the v2 just like the the one. If so, what will the stuff be that i will need to buy to make it like the new one.