Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

electric stampede

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 09:33 PM
E-snake
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electric stampede

Is the stampede (electric) any good? I have a limited budget. If there are any other suggestions say them. How about the bandit. This will be my first electric that isn't Wal-mart brand. I did have a maximum st pro but sold it cause it kept breaking. So I am going to stick to electric.

Thanks
Old 02-29-2004, 09:44 PM
paperclipracer
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: electric stampede

I hear its good. fast and theres a lot of hop-ups www.traxxas.com for info
Old 03-01-2004, 11:46 AM
Iron Mike

I've had mine for a few months now; I like it alot. So far no major bashing (too much snow) but it seems to be well built, and for the money..........[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 03-02-2004, 03:13 PM
mattyk6

IMHO, the Traxxas Stampede can be one of the most durable RC trucks. If you were on a tight budget, the first two upgrades that I would recommend would be a metal geared servo and a Kimborough servo saver. This would set you back less than $45.

Matt

Also check out www.misbehavin-rc.com for a lot more Stampede info.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:48 PM
BONESLASHER04

Hey snake i have an eletric stampede. I have a 68 dodge charge body on it. Plus You can change out the gear and motor to make it faster. I Use a 7 turn motor with an esc. and let me tell ya its fast. I haven't clocked it yet but i will do at least 20- 30 mph easly. If You want to know more to post a reply.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:13 PM
A J G 3 6 6

What ESC do you have?
Old 03-03-2004, 12:05 PM
BONESLASHER04

I Use a old aristo-craft hitec esc it has a reverse and a bec buit in but, i can switch it out with my quantum esc i have. which is about the size of a quater and would macke it even lighter.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:28 PM
Kitsune
My Feedback: (7)

It's a pretty fast and very durable truck. I've had mine for 2 years now and and the only part I've broken is a front hub carrier (driving full speed into a concrete wall). Only once have I raced it and not only did it stay in one piece, but also (IMHO) did pretty well considering the competition (almost entirely E-Maxxes and Clods). On average when the bigger trucks completed 22 laps (small track) I got in about 19. Only real damage done was to the body (stock).
Old 03-03-2004, 02:39 PM
mattyk6

I raced my stampede about 6-7 last summer. I upgraded the bearing carriers and upgraded to bearings, but that was because I wanted to. I did break the rear shock tower, but it was still in a useable shape when I replaced it. I have an LRP F1 w/ reverse that I use in my Pede. Currently running a stock motor in it, but I also run a Speed Gem Pro 17T Amber and am still on the stock plastic idler.

Matt
Old 03-03-2004, 08:22 PM
rc-old-dog

a good durable truck , mine is about 3 yrs. old, has a 11-turn motor and a esc, mitronks, goes about 25 mph.