Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Aerohawk Battery

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Aerohawk Battery

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 06:40 PM
minnzoo3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerohawk Battery

Anyone know of a good replacement for the stock Aerohawk battery. I have had trouble with mine and would like to upgrade. Anyone?

David
Old 03-01-2004, 09:01 PM
helisfreak
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aerohawk Battery

I got my LiPo today.. and it work .... let see.. 1 feet off the ground at 25% throttle... kakakaa

bought from ebay,
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sort=3&rows=50

good seller, he accidently send me LiIon, so he told me to keep it and he send me new LiPo... kakaka... great seller..
Make sure u get LiPo, or else... LiIon wouldn't even going to lift up 1 feet...
Old 03-02-2004, 07:27 PM
Billyman

I have a question about the LiPo battery for the Aerohawk. I’ve only been able to find a 7.4 volt 700mAh and an 11.1 volt 700mAh where as the factory Ni-Ma is an 8.4 volt 750mAh.

So what are you guys using?

I just got my Aerohawk yesterday and already want a battery upgrade. I also have to get a new canopy. My dog chewed mine up last night but luckily that’s all I left within his reach. Bad doggie! Heh.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:04 PM
turl

I just ordered a 2 cell 7.4v 1020mah li-po for my AeroHawk.

Helisfreak is using a 2 cell 7.4v 800mah by the looks of it - with good results.

I wouldnt use an 3 cell 11.1v though - I think its a bit too much voltage for the mixer board IMHO.

[8D]
Old 03-03-2004, 08:15 PM
Billyman

Where’d you order the 7.4v 1020mah from?
Old 03-03-2004, 08:23 PM
helisfreak

Well... im not sure if the 11.4 v will be good or not.. sure will add more RMP to the motor.. BUT... turn your pcb board to fried chicken...
Right now im using it 7.4v... there is no 8.4 because this is lithium polymer.. 2 cell is 7.4... and 3 cell is 11.4... Trust me on this, LiPO will furfill your dream.. lol... you can buy it from this dude... he's very nice... accidently send me wrong battery.. and told me to keep.. and he send me the correct one... there is no other seller like him.. and quick shipping to...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3178405496
Old 03-03-2004, 10:04 PM
Billyman

I've clicked that link several times already and added "ebay" in place of the ****. I haven't been able to open that link successfully yet.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:51 PM
Heli_Newbie

Quick question....

I'm thinging about buying one of those 800Mah Poly-Li 's (2 cell) and was wondering
how I can mount it on my aerohawk?

Also do I need a special charger for this battery or will a regular charger do!

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2004, 12:03 AM
helisfreak

Easy.. it is much lighter and smaller then your stock battery.. you should be able to put it in the stock battery holder and use rubber band.. or you can make a plate for it... meaning to put a plastic board and lay it on there... And yes... you will need a LiPo charger... It does costr a bit to get it going... but I think U will love the change LiPo make to you heli
Old 03-04-2004, 05:20 AM
turl

Billyman - I ordered the 7.4v 1020mah from [link=http://www.modelhelicopters.co.uk/acatalog/BattNicad_Lithium.html]Midland Helicopters[/link] - probably not the cheapest but I already ordered a Li-ion battery and then changed the order to Li-Po.

heli_newbie - I use the original holder for my batteries but I have stuck small pieces of velcro to the holder and the battery. This also stops the battery jumping out every time you make a hard landing.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:03 AM
Heli_Newbie

Thanks for the replies...

Anyone know where I can gt a charger for a poly-li?
Ebay maybe? What am I looking for?

Thanks
Old 03-04-2004, 06:23 AM
HB flyer

3 cells Li-Po will work great for your original stock mixer board just like mine (Hummingboard, 370 motor, direct drive tail motor), it didnt fry my mixer board up intil this time... hopefuly it wont fry mine....hahahaha
for helisfreak... 3 cells=11.1 volts (3.7 volts per cell)

HB Flyer
Old 03-04-2004, 10:22 AM
helisfreak

Oh what ever.... 11.1 or 11.4... since you stick a 11.4v in your 8.4v stock... then why mind the .3 different eh? [>:]
WEll... Im not sure.. but let not take the risk... you don't want your pcb board to turn into chicken wing...
BTW.. do you have more RMP? More powerful using the 3 cell?
Old 03-04-2004, 10:43 AM
HB flyer

hahaha...maybe we could use chicken wing from KFC to fly our heli..kakaka...[:-]
more rpm?, more powerful? of course....i use it with Hi-Max brushless motor...got about 32 minutes flight times yesterday(outdoor), wind speed about 6mph-10mph....

HB Flyer
Old 03-04-2004, 12:47 PM
helisfreak

hummm... how can u use brushless motor when you're using pcb board??? Don't you need separate do use brushless???
and you have brushless motor... damn.. i hate u.. i hate u... hahahaa... btw... is brushless really powerful? is it like compare a honda civic engine to a viper engine?? kakakaa
Old 03-04-2004, 01:12 PM
HB flyer

whatzz???// hate me?/..kakaka...yeah, u're really helisfreak....allright, here is some of my set up from the first time i flew my HB:
-first set up:
century 280 motor
hummingboard
stock tail motor
century gyro
-second set up:
century 370 motor
hummingboard
direct drive tail motor
century gyro
-third set up:
Hi-Max brushless motor
Phoenix 10
Hummingboard (used for DD tail motor)
DD tail motor
century gyro
-recently set up
Hi-Max brushless motor
Phoenix 10
Electri-Fly 10
DD tail motor
century gyro
first set up using birdseed stock bat.pack and then i use Li-Po 3 cells for the rest sets up
charge my Li-Po with Triton computerized charger, flown with 9CAP Futaba radio and 6 channel Hi-Tec Electron dual conversion
comparing brushless motor with brushes motor is just like comparing a chicken wing and dragon wing??? kakakaka...yes, its very powerful...... now, do u still hate me???

HB Flyer
Old 03-04-2004, 01:21 PM
helisfreak

HAHAHA.. .now I EVEN HATE U MORE... hate you because u got all this budget to buy all this stuff... damn it.. it like.. .im a poor guy driving a civic.. and meet up with some rich dude with a ferari at the stop light... eye contact.. and light turn green... I sick in reverse and drive away.. hahahaa... How much have u invest in your heli so far... a fortune... and do you have any pix that u can show us? When you say humming board.. do you mean all in 1 board... I think the reason why ur fine with 11.1v because ur not uing all in ONE BOARD.... as you know.. aerohawk and most other micro heli are all in ONE BOARD.. and if you turn that board into chicken wing.. mind as well stick the whole heli in the oven and fry them all..
Old 03-04-2004, 01:58 PM
HB flyer

c mon... be real.. i'm just an ordinary young guy(20 years old), hmm.. how much did i invest for my micro heli? about U$D1500.00(just for the heli)...yes, you r right..i use mixer board..not all in 1 board. And here is my rencent set up for my Hummingbird..
CF FP Hornet main blades
3D paddles Hornet
balancer collars on flybar
ball in swash mod
CNC anti rotation arm
Hi-Max 2015-4100
one way bearing main gear
Phoenix 10
Electri-Fly 10
DD tail motor with 3020EP
Hi-Tec Electron 6 ch, dual conversion
century gyro (trying to get Futaba GY240)
Kokam 1200mAh HD 3 cells
its a very responsive set up, perform much better than ever...
btw, helisfreak..do u know how to upload an image or pix?/.. i got a problem with it, it didnt work for me... thank you!
dont hate me, please.... i'm affraid of somebody who will crash his car to my ferrari??? kakaka... thats a daydream for me! [:-]

HB Flyer
Old 03-04-2004, 02:24 PM
helisfreak

Man.. your 20.. and im 19.. not much of a different... and you got 1500 to spend on helicopter... lol.. i mean i would love to spend all i have to.. but to bad i got none now.. hahaha... Well.. actually... i spend 1000 on rc nitro car before.. and flying wing few month ago... and it cost.. ... I would had spend it on helicopter.. but people at my LHS.. are bs.. they discourage me.. about how hard to fly helicopter... and they don't think i can fly it... and I ask them about electric heli.. and they said it even harder.. so.. i didn't take the route i really want... but now.. I DO IT ANYWAY.. hahah...
Just fix my helicopter servo falling off.. test fly it right now.. even though it damn raining outside... lol

btw... you can add it to your gallery... everyone has a galler in here.. shortest way.. is at this page.. u see there is bunch of option under everyone post... just click on your...where it said GALLERY.. click on it.. and go to My Gallery... Add .. then just add it...
Old 03-04-2004, 02:45 PM
HB flyer

hmmm... u should show it to them then, that u could fly a heli now, even a micro heli. Micro harder to fly compare to a big nitro heli. Never let your servo falling off while it fly or u'll need more parts..kakaka...oh, yeah....as my experience, dont use a s==k receiver like Hi-Tec feather, it will cause your servo move eractly by itself that will lead your heli to the ground...
I'll add my pics later as i dont have any good picure right now... thanks for your advice

HB Flyer
Old 03-05-2004, 01:48 PM
Heli_Newbie

Anyone know where I can gt a charger for a poly-li?
Old 03-05-2004, 01:50 PM
HB flyer

hi heli_newbie
I have this.....perform very nice for any kind of batteries....
http://www.electrifly.com/accys/gpmm3150.html

HB Flyer
Old 03-05-2004, 06:04 PM
leeboy22001

Hi All,

Thought I would add my little bit in a technical manor as to what is the maximum safe battery voltage to use [8D]

Now the regulator used on the Aerohawk is very similar to the linear tech LT118CST-5, 800mA 5V linear regulator.

Now using its spec and simple electronic equations I can calculate this:

Max current = 800mA
Max operating temperature 70degC
Junction temperature 15degC/Watt

Now from the junction temperature I can calculate that the max power dissipated by regulator (via heat) is 70/15 = 4.6W,
Now this divided by the maximum current will give us the maximum volt drop across regulator at maximum current dissipation, 4.6/800x10-3 = 5.83V, add this to the 5V = 10.83V

Therefore the maximum battery voltage to give maximum current to electronic and servo's at 800mA is 10.83V, before regulator starts to fry!

Hope this helps

Lee
Old 03-06-2004, 06:18 AM
leeboy22001

Oops linear tech part is LT1118CST-5 I would not recomend that people replace it with this part... as I do not want to be reponsible for pin-out incompatibility resulting in boards blowing up!, and was used as the part spec is almost the same

Lee
Old 03-06-2004, 12:41 PM
leeboy22001

Me again! sorry to waffle but what was said above isn't quite correct... manage to find the exact linear reg used in the aerohawk, its a National Semiconductor part LM1117MPX-5.0 (packaging marking xxyyN06A, where xxyy is batch number)- this is like the above part is an 800mA 5V part.. but has different temperture spec etc... I will calculate max safe input voltage etc.. and let you guys know, if you want it of course!

Lee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.