Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Side note to online buyers/sellers….

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Side note to online buyers/sellers….

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 01:11 PM
Billyman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side note to online buyers/sellers….

Now I’m not bashing anyone directly (bringing up names) but I strongly, very strongly feel that we need to be honest when selling something we have and are offering.

I never buy anything from anyone that won’t give me their phone number. With a phone number, one can call and verify the seller. With a phone number and sometimes quick, sometimes intense internet searching, you can also find a valid home or business addresses (thank you Yellow pages and White pages). I run the “phone number” checks before I send money for something I’m purchasing. This way, regardless of the address on the box upon being received (sometimes bogus), I know where you are and where you live or work you just may not know that I know.

You hear so much about people getting screwed from buying online. Some send money and get NO product in return (total loss). Some send money then don’t get all that was in the agreement or they receive broken stuff (partial loss).

Recently, I came across what I thought was a decent deal. I didn’t even NEED the car but the DEAL was too good to pass up (shoulda’ seen it coming). Lots of upgrades, lots of extra parts, extra body………..just fuel and go right? Upon arrival my findings were:

One busted tire and rim, stripped spur gear, missing screws and bolts, smashed tuned pipe, battery but no charger, worn out tires, as nasty and as oily as all get out (it has grass stuck to it, all over it, how do get grass on a road car?), one (1) extra set of rear springs (I guess these where the extra parts) and no extra body.

Yeah I got “took”. I paid $175 for something worth $90 tops. I could have gotten the same car from someone else, that runs, with no broken parts, a fuel and go for $175 dollars. And what’s really disturbing is the seller here IS a “trading plus member” here on RCU.

I called him up and told him the car he sent me was a POS and he had the audacity to sound surprised……..”for real?” he said. Ahmm, yeah, like you didn’t know.

I can fix the car, that’s no problem, a little more money and BOOYAH, one fast Street Force but dang.

I know who you are, where to find you and you’re only a plane ticket away (which I assure you is not a problem) you just aren’t worth the trouble. You’re a swell guy.

Note to moderators. Please don’t edit or delete this post, if anything, lock it if you feel the need. Thanks.
Old 03-06-2004, 01:51 PM
RCFreakInFL
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Side note to online buyers/sellers….

ORIGINAL: Billyman
Note to moderators. Please don’t edit or delete this post, if anything, lock it if you feel the need. Thanks.
I am going to lock it. Everything was great up until the ending, when it went from a very informative message, to a personal situation....and a possible threat (plane ticket, know where you live, etc). I normally would trash something like this, but I feel your pain. Lots of us have gone through bad deals. My suggestion to you, if you want to make this a personal matter on this board, post your information about the seller in the Marketplace forum.