Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

HELP WITH HUMMINGBOARD MIXER PLEASE

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

HELP WITH HUMMINGBOARD MIXER PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 03:50 PM
wnacrsh
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP WITH HUMMINGBOARD MIXER PLEASE

I will start with what stuff I have on my Hummingbird.
JR XF622 , GWS R6N RX , Century Gyro , Birdseed packs, Century servos, stock motors(main is the 370 century, everything is stock

My problem is: I turn my radio on, and then plug in the battery, the red light comes on the mixer then the gyro initializes fine, but the red light on the mixer stays soild red at any position on the throttle. The servos work, I turned the rev mix to zero on radio and the pitch and thottle curves are 0-50-100
the throttle stick is full down at start up, I have tried to move the trim up and down with no luck there. Subtrim I have moved this up and down in the menu and nothing. throttle hold is off. I have checked the connections a hundred times everything is hooked up, Why can't I get the motors to run? I have checked both motors and they run fine. But get nothing when it is hooked up. Should I run my radio in airplane mode? How is the radio supposed to be set for this little heli.
I need some help!!!!!!

p.s. I tried reversing the throttle channel and still nothing

thanks for any suggestions you may have
Old 03-09-2004, 05:18 PM
michel2323

Default RE: HELP WITH HUMMINGBOARD MIXER PLEASE

have you check thorttle travel adj on tx ?
Old 03-09-2004, 05:25 PM
wnacrsh

Yes I have moved it all over trying to find the sweet spot. right now I set both ends at 95 percent
one guy had told me to run the radio in airplane mode, but I don't understand why I can't get it to run the way it is in heli mode. I will try the airplane mode later, but I am waiting for some more suggestions to run in heli mode.
thanks
Old 03-09-2004, 05:29 PM
michel2323

sorry, i dont have heli radio can't help you
Old 03-09-2004, 06:37 PM
michel2323

try to connect a servo where the hummingboard should connect to see how it react to your throttle inputs that may help you find what's wrong.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:02 AM
wnacrsh

I switched my radio to airplane mode. Still no throttle. Then I moved ch4(rudder/batt) to ch6 on the rx and I got a solid green light on the mixer. Still no throttle then I flip the flap/mix lever on the radio and the motors go full bore. Nothing will slow them until I flip the switch off and of course that stops them. I am using the GWS R6N rx the pins are as follows
ch1- throttle
ch2-aileron
ch3-elevator
ch4-rudder
ch5-landing gear
ch6-B (battery)
If you look at Century's manual they also use a 6ch rx and only use the first 4 channels so that is how I first set this heli up. but I got the solid red light, now when 4 is moved to 6 I get solid green light. But still no throttle. the flap switch is the only thing that triggers a response but it is a uncontrollable one.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:21 AM
wnacrsh

ALL FIXED NOW !!!!!! The wires from the mixer to the gyro and the one to the rx was switched.
all cured now and everything is where it should be.