Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Starting procedure for ZDZ 160???

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 05:24 AM
Andy Rigby
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting procedure for ZDZ 160???

Going to run the ZDZ 160 for the first time at the weekend, it is the champion version. Just so my arm dosn't get worn what is the starting procedure which you use for this engine?

Also what oil mix do i use on this one? 50:1?? Can i use fully synth straight off, or do i have to give it some running with mineral?

i'm also using a mezjlick 32x10" on it

Thanks in advance

Andy
Old 03-17-2004, 08:59 AM
Diablo-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Starting procedure for ZDZ 160???

The factory says that running in with petroleum oil isn't necessary, but it's OK if you do it. I would use petroleum oil that says it is for air-cooled two strokes and run it around 32:1 for a couple of gallons - light throttle loads. Then switch to a good synthetic oil - also at 32:1. Mobil MX2T synthetic works very well and I'm sure it's available in Europe. The factory says you should run at least 40:1 synthetic oil. More oil is more better.....

Starting procedure for all gassers is about the same. Throttle at idle, choke fully on, ignition on, flip til it pops, turn choke off, flip til it runs. If that procedure tends to flood your motor too much, try this - throttle at idle, choke on, ignition off, flip about 5 times or until you can see gas in the throat of the carb, turn choke off, turn ignition on and flip til it starts. A three-line tank really helps easy starting because the line to the carb is always full of fuel.