Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Aerohawk main gear

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Aerohawk main gear

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 02:51 AM
codepunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerohawk main gear

First of all, reading these posts confuse the heck outta me with all the terminology, so you'll see the lack of proper words in this post. Hopefully you'll know what I mean.

On the bottom undercarriage of the Aerohawk (and I'm sure on most other helis) is a large plastic gear (part 11 in Aerohawk manual) that is connected to the main motor gear. How snug are the tines supposed to be between the 2? Without turning on the heli (i.e. plugging in battery), the main rotor spins freely. It seems that when I start to throttle up, it sounds as if the gears are quite hitting correctly (skipping?) and the main rotor doesn't spin that fast. In comparison, the tail rotor is nice and snug and spins quite well as I would expect it to.

So, is this behavior I should expect? If not, what can I do to fix this? I tried moving the gear closer using nothing but brute force, but the main rotor shaft is pretty snug. Guess I'm at a loss for what to do. As it stands now, I can watch the heli on the ground attempting to fly like a lame duck.

Thanks for any help,
Mark
Old 03-18-2004, 10:57 AM
coltech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aerohawk main gear

Hi,
From what I can make out from your description, it sounds as though your main gear and motor gears aren't meshing correctly. The large gear cannot be moved, in order to adjust the gap between the gear cogs you have to turn the helicopter upside down and slacken the screws holding the motor in place then slide the motor towards the big gear until the teeth on the gears mesh. don't push them together too tightly. Tighten up the screws and turn the rotors by hand to see if the gears are now properly engaged.

Hope this answers your question.