Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

engine interference with radio part 2

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

engine interference with radio part 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 02:40 PM
rholmes69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine interference with radio part 2

I wrote the post earlier about the engine interference with my radio. I have narrowed the problem down to the reciever. with engine running and the reciever removed from the aluminum plate, the vehicle runs fine. Now i can't figure out how to mount the reciever on the car so that it can run uniterrupted. I have tried to wrap the reciever in egg foam and various other cushioning devices, but none seem to work. The car came with a balloon and a zip tie. Is the reciever suppossed to be wrapped in this? Please help with any suggestions or things to check inside the reciever case. I can use a solder gun pretty well. I just want to be able to play with this darn thing. Thanks in advance

RECAP: Vehicle runs now with engine running, but only if the reciever is not mounted on the car. It is being held by me. What materials will reduce vibration or what is loose in the reciever that is causing the car to go haywire.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:00 AM
sgtstop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: engine interference with radio part 2

Do you have any scrap plastic sheet? How about some Lexan trimmed from a body of another car/truck? Try cleaning the aluminum real good, and using electrical tape, layer 2 or three crossed layers to provide electrical insulation for the receiver!

If this doesn't work for you, email me direct @ [email protected]

YOU WILL NEED TO REMOVE "NOSPAM" from that email addy!!!!!!

HTH,

Dave
Old 04-05-2004, 05:28 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: engine interference with radio part 2

ORIGINAL: rholmes69
I have tried to wrap the reciever in egg foam and various other cushioning devices, but none seem to work. The car came with a balloon and a zip tie. Is the reciever suppossed to be wrapped in this?
Egg foam? As I mentioned on the other thread--try double-sided tape for R/C receivers. Even industrial strength velcro may add some cushion. You should also have a case to protect the receiver and mounted somewhere on the chassis (though my large scales have the "receiver box" mounted to the tube frames). The balloon was probably to help keep out water and moisture. Whether it worked or not is another story.