Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Props used on Fuji 64?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 01:55 PM
RLDIII
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Props used on Fuji 64?

I am currently still breaking in a new Fuji 64 on a Wildhare 28% Edge 540T. I have used a couple of different props, but wonder if there isn't maybe another one out there that works even better. So far I have tried a TF Power Point wood 22 x 10 and am currently flying a 22 x 10 Zinger Pro. I can tell the Pro Zinger is by far the better of the two for my application, by as the engine breaks in and pushes past 7K ststic, it is getting really loud in the air. Based on seeing results of our other flyers with different engines in the 50-60 cc range with the Mejzlik 22 x 10 carbon props, I am thinking about trying one of them. However, before I go and start building a bigger (expensive!) prop collection, I thought I would ask here and see if anybody else has tried various props on THIS engine. Based on the review of the engine in the latest MAN mag, it looks like the Pro Zinger does pretty well, but I know there are a lot of props out there they didn't use in the engine review.

Thanks,
Lee
Old 04-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Technito20

Default RE: Props used on Fuji 64?

First I'd ask how are you flying the plane? Like if you want to fly 3-D style, hovering and stuff, then I'd put about a 12x6 prop on it. Like I have the 330 Extreme Goldberg, I fly it more pattern style so I got a 11x4 prop on it. Smaller props tends to give planes more pitch and faster speeds. But for as hovering, slow flight, and other aerobats. Go large.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:47 PM
RLDIII

Uh, OK, now I am confused... You do understand that we are talking about a 64 CC gas ignition engine, on a 28%, 17 lb plane...right? A 12 x 6 or 11 x 4 prop[X(] ????
Old 04-13-2004, 02:16 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

If you don't mind spending $50 on a prop give the Mejzlik 22x10 a shot. You'll like it. For about half the price try a MenzS or better yet a Bambula 22x10. They'll slow the RPM down a bit, lowering the noise, but will pull like hell. Good luck!
Old 04-13-2004, 04:36 PM
RLDIII

Thanks Pauly. One of the guys out at the field has a Mejzlik 22 x 10 that he is going to let me try before I plunk down the "big" bucks. I may also try to locate the Menz, though at least to look at, the profile and shape look pretty similar to the Pro Zinger I am currently running...

Lee
Old 04-13-2004, 07:37 PM
Technito20

I must have been drinking that day. o.O

Was thinking of the Goldberg Edge 540.

Silly me
Old 04-13-2004, 10:35 PM
JPrc
My Feedback: (22)

Yes, the Pro Zinger is shaped like the Menz S BUT that is the only similarity. The Menz is much stiffer and pulls much better than the Pro Zinger, it is made of harder wood. They are one of the best wood props available. Another prop you may want to try is the MSC 23x8 sold by Aircraft International. Heard a lot of good things about the MSC props, plan on trying one on my larger motors.