Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Spring air retracts installation instructions

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Spring air retracts installation instructions

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 08:04 PM
puddler10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring air retracts installation instructions

Hello- I need to find the instructions on installing Spring air retracts.The Pica P-51 1/5 scale that I have acquired is complete but the retracts need work.The previous owner -a very nice well meaning fellow -had JBwelded the gear down but good! I don't dare let him know of his fixand its short-comings.
I really feel that the system is improperly installed BUT If I had access to a install guide it would make things much easier- also there is an air fitting located under the wing and I sure don't need to remove and repair more sheeting than needed to locate all the parts.
What I know is that there are two units part # not known- yet but I know there Spring air- also a small air pump W/Gage
I removed the right unit and got that glue off and put pressure to it -about 35 psi according to the gage the retract worked well.
I guess ??
Any info on where to find a guide or how to install correctly would be great! many many talented minds out there.
I love reading the forums I hope I did not miss another post on this same topic.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:24 PM
Meschmidt
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spring air retracts installation instructions

The instructions supplied with Spring Air retracts just show tubing hookup to tank,filler valve,air valve, t's, and to retracts. Run tube from tank to "T" fitting. "T" to fill valve. Other side of "T" to air valve. . Air valve to another "T" and go to each retract. Use a3/32 wheel collar on tube between "T" and fill valve to control retract speed going up. Hope this helps and doesn't confuse you more! Paul