Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, I think we need an r/c car beginners forum
57.41%
No, a beginners forum is not necessary
42.59%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Beginners Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 03:57 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Beginners Forum

Does RCU Car Talk need a beginners section? Would it be helpful to prioritize and organize the information this way or is it better to leave the information to the specific forums they're related to (ie Savage or TMaxx forum)?

Please vote your opinion and state any suggestions you have on the topic. Thanks.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:01 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Beginners Forum

I would think a lot of the experienced guys wouldn't frequent that forum (at least on a regular basis), so the knowledge base would be limited. I mean, I would check it out and help every now and again, but it wouldn't be a regular stop.

Of course, if all of the experienced guys chipped in a bit, maybe it would work out.

Otherwise it would end up being the blind leading the blind to be honest.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:04 PM
EvaderSpeedRacer

I agree wit dale
Old 04-29-2004, 05:12 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I think the folks that come here to provide their expertise will check it out on a fairly regular basis. I know I would.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:58 AM
ozzy9039
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

I would think a lot of the experienced guys wouldn't frequent that forum (at least on a regular basis), so the knowledge base would be limited. I mean, I would check it out and help every now and again, but it wouldn't be a regular stop.

Of course, if all of the experienced guys chipped in a bit, maybe it would work out.

Otherwise it would end up being the blind leading the blind to be honest.
I agree. The beginners are the ones that this forum would be for, but they would actually lose out due to the fact that the experienced people are not in that forum much. I don't know about you guys, but I don't mind helping. Thats what these forums are all about.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:21 PM
vizaracer

i do not think it is nessary because its better if the topic on what they need help on is in the topic of what their car falls under such as if they have a monster truck, it be posted in the monster truck forum to get the most people to view the post. i also think that not many of the experienced will be in this new forum as often except for a few exceptions.

what would be nice if theres the begginner forum is theres a way that makes it have to list about what car it is so we know what we are dealing with. alot of begginers make the post about needing help and never specify the car they have.
Old 05-01-2004, 03:13 PM
teamrayman

Iv just been in rc for a few months now and iv pritty much found out all i need to know on the general discussion area. I dont think there is any need for a beginners forum.
Old 05-01-2004, 05:07 PM
neap38

Plane Insane why dont you give it a trial and see how it works out? no one will ever know if it will be a hit or not by a vote
Old 05-01-2004, 10:33 PM
ericheller

if there is a beginners forum, then it would be used by beginners, and the more expirenced wouldnt look at it. i dont think they would get any help with things cause no one their would know. also alot of false information would be passed around, and never corrected.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:35 PM
switchlead

Beginners need to learn through trial and error. If they learn through posts they will resort to lagging this network even further. And it is lagging.
Old 05-03-2004, 08:29 PM
_kyle_

I think it would make a good place where beginners will know they can find informative answers they will need from people who know a lot about the hobby. Maybe it would help in the long run where they will also take time to help out those with less knowlege. Although there already is a beginnners forum. And i also am a beginner myself to many aspects of r/c.
Old 05-09-2004, 11:36 AM
DirtDriver89

we dont really need a biginers fourm they can ask questions in any fourm that partains to that subject[8D]
Old 05-11-2004, 10:48 AM
Der Landsmann

Yes I also think there is no need of a beginners forum. As Iam myself a beginner and I found any information I needed without having to search for hours.
Also just as switchlead said:
Beginners need to learn through trial and error.
I also think that's the best way to learn something in this hobby and also the best way to get to know your car.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:31 AM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

Maybe a sticky in each forum, a FAQ, or something that answers those questions that are asked over and over and over and over.... I do not know why people have such an aversion to searching but they do....
Old 05-16-2004, 09:41 AM
SlowSteady

Default RE: Beginners ForumCommunity website with events calendar

Hi folks, I've implemented an Events Calendar at 3Hobby.Com. If you are a registered user you can submit details on races and/or exhibitions from around the world. This easy to use calendar at 3Hobby.Com can be a one stop place for everyone to visit and see when the next event is that you may want to attend.

Searches for events are a snap and a lot of details and links to each event can be submitted and displayed for the surfing racer. Its also a good place for beginners!

Come over and join 3Hobby.Com, there are a lot of priviledges when you do so and its a free service (your Privacy is uncompromised) to all fellow RC racers for as long as I live!
Old 05-17-2004, 10:15 PM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Beginners ForumCommunity website with events calendar

edit