Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

.........2.6 Chapter II

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 09:58 PM
Leardriver
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .........2.6 Chapter II

Well since my "unthinkable" thread proved to be oh so "popular" I thought I would post a pic or two of the replacement. It's actually a Fiberclassics kit I picked up locally. Got it finished late this afternoon. I seem to have some range issues going on so i am not sure when the maiden will be but I am sure I'll get it all straighted out soon.

PaulP
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85985.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	128248   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83788.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	128249   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm22960.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	128250   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ic84201.jpg
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	128251  
Old 05-01-2004, 10:32 PM
DKjens
My Feedback: (50)

Default RE: .........2.6 Chapter II

Paul,
That's pretty, for a house scheme he he (OOOOOOOOOh I'm gonna hear for that now ha ha). Loooks like you tryed to keep things as simple as you feel comfortable with (because I think when people add all these hi-tech stuff, it's a comfortable thing, we want to garner agains loosing these things inadvertently), but unfortunately it all works against gravity. After only very few flights with this plane, I can say that I am comfortable flying on high rates all the time. I don't feel worried that it's gonna snap or drop a wing if I happen to pull a little more elevator than what is suitable. I feel like switching to loow rate elevator when I am going to do high speed rolls, it is easy to inadvertently give elevator input when giving full roll input, or maybe I should use my strap from the helicopter days. Paul, best of luck with your range issues and engine issues, we are becoming quite a group with these planes he he.
DKjens
Old 05-02-2004, 08:12 AM
didiwatt
My Feedback: (38)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Paul:
Is you ignition module inside the aircraft. Mine was just inside the firewall like DKjens and the antennae ran down the inside of the fuselage. I could not get 100' of range. So, I ran the antennae outside the bottom of the fuselage and it worked. Did not like that so moved the ignition to outside the fuselage at the firewall, antennae back inside the fuselage and all worked out. Hope this helps.
Paul
Old 05-02-2004, 10:01 AM
Leardriver

Hey guys,

Paul, the ignition module is actually mounted on the front of the engine dome. The battery is inside just aft of the landing gear plate 9basically under the spars). The antennas are run down the length of the fuse on the inside just like my other one was and it had no radio issues at all. I am gonna go start looking today....I kinda blew it off last night. The reciever that is giving me problems is brand new...right out of the box. It ranges fine from the front but if you go to either side of the plane it drop to like 15ft! The second reciever seems fine. And this is all with the engine/ignition off. I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of this soon.

PaulP
Old 05-02-2004, 09:41 PM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

Good luck Lear! What radio do you use?
Old 05-02-2004, 09:44 PM
blkbird68
My Feedback: (19)

check your antenna for breaks or cuts.run you antenna just up an out of the canopy area and let it hang over the side and see if the prb. goes away???

Then try switching sides with your two rx's. Your new out of the box RX might have a cracked filter.

Are you running switching regulators???? if so bypass them and see if the problem goes away. You may need to add some filters to your regulators.

Also, remember FC's Fly downwind much better then Comp-Barf's
Old 05-03-2004, 12:23 PM
RickP
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Paul,
Looks Great!!! A lot like mine, but white
RickP
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36420.jpg
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	128734  
Old 05-03-2004, 12:47 PM
mu2driver
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paul, Lookin good man! I really like the White on there.

We are becoming quite a large group, with these Composite-Arf planes, and I would like to welcome you all to Submit me any photo or Video you might have so I can add it to Our collection for all of us to Admire on www.Composite-Arf-World.com

Thanks And Enjoy

Darcy
Old 05-03-2004, 02:51 PM
Leardriver

Hey Rick...whatdaya use turtle wax on that thing? It's way glossier than mine...dammit[>:]! Lol!

Well fellas it sure is strange cause I went throught the plane yesterday and did another "round" of range checks outside in front of my house......and it was perfect! 250ft no problem...either rx with both engine on or off. I dunno? I never flew off the field where I had the plane for the initial range checks so maybe there is something out there that doesn't like CH60? Well whatever was going on seems to be ok now..or at least ok away from that field. Before I actually fly it I will of course repeat the whole procudure again just to be sure. Oh well, I spose there is nothing left to do but wait for the rain to end.

Oh yea, RTK I use a 9Z.

PaulP