Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > JetCat Turbine Direct Support
Reload this Page >

Couple problems after V4.0 upgrade, help!

Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Couple problems after V4.0 upgrade, help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2002, 09:46 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Couple problems after V4.0 upgrade, help!

I setup as instrucions, But it will start with the throttle at full and trim at min. I did the learn-rc deal, BUT, how do you bypass the AUX setup in it? I tried the no aux setup but it will go on full throttle and low trim too.

Thanks for the help!!
Old 06-30-2002, 10:10 PM
JohnVH

I set it up using the aux now, BTW, this is on a JR10X. I re taught the unit everything, now, with the aux switch in middle, 'arm' position, I can leave the trim at low, and full throttle will start it.

ALSO, can not get manual mode to work on either setups.

This IS V4.0

Its fueled up and ready, once I can get it to work, Im running it!
Ive ran it before and it all worked fine, the only difference is I used a 8103 before, and now its on a 10X, and I have updated the ECU to a V4.0 now.

OK, I got it primed, not how the book says, because it wont go into manual mode, but a different way, anyhow, it never used to do this but at idle it fluctuates a little bit, enough to hear it go up and down, didnt do that before either.

Thanks
Old 07-01-2002, 05:20 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Hi John,

First things first, do you want to run single channel or 2 channel? You should be able to run either, just want to make sure I know what your goal is. I run two channel now but only use the aux control for the speed cruise control.

As for manual mode, I will make sure Wilcox gets you some feedback. In about 600-700 flights I don't think I have used manual mode at all, so I am not a good source for info on that

If I have cleared lines (say from removing and cleaning the filter for instance) I just try a start, if it misses, the next one will start for sure. There is always enough lube in the bearings for one start.

Maybe I will loose my "manual start merit badge" for saying that!!

PS John I just realized you may be speaking on the manual mode to start the turbine without using the RC transmitter, that is new and I am not up to speed on that either, sorry I could not help, Bob will get back to you.
Old 07-01-2002, 07:35 PM
JohnVH

Well, I was going to go for single channel operation initially, but, since it would start with full throttle and low trim I didnt like that as there is no 'safe', too easy to get it to go on accident, The book says it should not start with only full throttle, but it does, and I have played with the sequence settings also, none of them helped this problem.

SO, I hooked it up with the aux channel operation for the safety of being able to arm it when I am ready, BUT, it will start with the aux to the start/run position and full throttle and low trim, never did before the upgrade.

The only reason I was looking to use the manual mode was to run the fuel pump to prime itself and the lines to the turbine, but that does not work either.

I have no interest in running it in manual mode from the GSU at all.

Thanks for the help Bob??
Old 07-01-2002, 08:01 PM
mr_matt

Default You changed the Transimtter as well?

My guess is that on the 10X, the throttle trim has no effect at high throttle, only at low throttle.

So think about the scenario: You have low stick/low trim, and you start moving the throttle up. At some point the throttle pulse will cross the point where the high trim would have been. You will start seeing the LED chase sequence on the I/O board.

Now, if you continue moving the throttle, when you go to full throttle, if the throttle pulse is within 5% of the learned value, the turbine will start. On these high end radios, the high throttle is not effected by the trim, so even with low trim you will be at the high throttle pulse width. The turbine starts.

But if you pull the stick back and leave the trim low, it will shut off.

This is normal.

As for manual mode, if you look at the manual addendum, the "manual mode" has been deleted. The equivalent functionality is in the new test menus.(http://www.jetcatusa.com/manuals/ECU-V4-update.pdf)
Old 07-01-2002, 08:04 PM
JohnVH

Oh, OK, I didnt think or notice.

I thank you.

SO, how are you supposed to prime it? test the pump, but how do you open the soleniod?

Thanks!!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2002, 08:43 PM
mr_matt

Default Solenoid

any time the pump runs the solenoid is open, just use the test pump function.

Be very careful not to pump fuel into the turbine! If you are priming I would take the line off the turbine and prime into a small container.

As I mentioned you should not need to use this much.
Old 07-01-2002, 08:57 PM
JohnVH

Gotcha, thanks!:thumbup: