Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Why do you drive RC cars?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 10:51 PM
kotori

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do you drive RC cars?

Hi all, I'm doing a project for my history class, and I'm asking everybody about why they chose their particular RC hobby. [8D] I'm doing it this way 'cause everyone's reasons are unique. Tell your pals, 'cause the more ppl talk, the better my project will be and the better grade I get .
Old 05-12-2004, 11:06 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Why do you drive RC cars?

How old is your teacher? If he/she is older, perhaps he/she may get a kick out of this response, "Because I decided to quite wasting my money on drugs, sex and rock-n-roll and decided to waste it on something else" or "because the speed limit is so darn slow, I just had to do some speed."

In reality, I can't do some of things I used to do like parachuting from a 200 mph jet and since I don't race my full size cars anymore, I figured another way to have fun and to relax, to get outside or stay inside, and to meet others is to R/C. Besides, there are a lot of R/C tracks in this area--on road, off road, outdoor, indoor, small scale and large scale.

Good luck with your project.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:09 PM
rodrigo1508

First of all because its fun to drive them, also having control over something to distance its something that I always wanted to do.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:17 PM
newbie003

its also cool to have about from 40mph-70mph at your fingure tips
Old 05-13-2004, 12:19 AM
LosiFan

I got into it so I would have something to do with my Son. I only get to see him every other weekend and miss him deeply while he's with his Mother. With this hobby I can spend every minute of the weekend with him. When we're not racing, we're cleaning and/or repairing our cars. He's 8 years old and this hobby has been a great opportunity for me to teach him how to work with tools and how everything works on rc cars. I got him his first truck for his eighth birthday last October and have watched him go from learning the steering basiscs, like how it steers the opposite direction when the car is coming toward you, to moving up to the Sportsman Sedan class, very soon. And we've made a bunch of new friends in the process. Sorry for being so wordy, but I love this hobby for what it's done for my relationship with my Son.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:22 AM
ko

its alot cheaper making my r/c go fast compared to my real car... and its an excuse to get away from the woman for a few hours haha
Old 05-13-2004, 05:20 AM
RCaeroguy
My Feedback: (4)

It's a way to burn nitro when it's too windy to fly my planes.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:22 AM
Mastec

I have numerous reasons for getting into this great hobby. I got back into it after a 15 year break to get my kids involved in something other than vegetating in front of a computer or video game system all day long. Also this keeps them from running the streets risking getting in trouble and teaches them responsibility. They work on and repair their own vehicles.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:36 AM
frailcow

I do it for fun
Old 05-13-2004, 06:07 AM
nitro-boy

As i am only 16 years old i cant legally own a car and drive it. But with a nitro car you are able to do so much that you couldnt do in a real car like speed down the street, crash and not be injured and other crazy stuff. I also drive them because not many people in my area own a nitro car and lots of people come up and start asking stuff about it and it is a very cool thing to drive.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:52 AM
briandf21

I enjoy r/c because it allows me to employ a number of skills to get the most possible enjoyment and fulfillment out of the hobby. The knowledge of physics and math allow me to sculpt the performance of the car to its maximum. The hands on mechanics of the car fill hours of time and when I manage to turn those wrenches properly, man the car is fast. All the hard work on construction, mechanics, and tuning pay off when the car performs as you intended. Driving is the most fun, but made all the more enjoyable knowing it was your blood, sweat, and tears that makes the car do what it does...
Not to begin a rant here, but all the reasons listed above are why I would never, never, NEVER buy an rtr...
Old 05-13-2004, 01:08 PM
Shawnlh
My Feedback: (-1)

It's a ton of fun, you meet new people all the time, it gives me an oppurtunity to help others who are new to the hobby, keeps me out of trouble, and gives me something to look forward to when times are tough.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:55 PM
Dragon Rider

Not much else to do but race around my place
Old 05-13-2004, 02:57 PM
ICrashThings

To piss of the neighbors...
Old 05-13-2004, 03:07 PM
teamrayman

Since i was 8 i wanted to race a go-kart but it was too expensive. Last christmas i got my first rc car to have fun and eventualy race. Iv always been into formula 1 and WRC. I guess this is a cheap way to do what iv always wanted to do - RACE!!![8D]
Old 05-13-2004, 03:43 PM
RayRayraycer20

What he said.....Plus its a blast..watchin your truck soar 12ft. in the air[&:]
ORIGINAL: ICrashThings

To piss of the neighbors...
Old 05-13-2004, 06:58 PM
LosiFan

Right on, Mastec.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:05 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

gets me out of trouble its fun and when i am bored show off. also makes me work to get money cuz i want it to be the best
Old 05-13-2004, 07:13 PM
ericheller

i got into rc because all of my life i had crappy little tyco's and stuff, and i always wanted a real rc car. to me its just really enjoyable to be able to control a car, and work on it, and especially see how big i can jump things. thats another reason, i have always been about jumping huge on things, wether its a bike, a 4 wheeler, a real car, or a rc car, its just fun. i got into nitro recently after having electric for several years, i like nitro because its more of a challenge, and i also like annoying neighbors. i think my neighborhood is gona like have me banned from being able to live there or something, old people get jelous of me having all the fun. but i am glad i got into rc, it has taught me alot about working on things, and understanding how things work. hope you get a grade on your history project, i have one due next week, wish it could have been about rc cars.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:24 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

because i had a dream of owning a gas powerd car since i was born[:-]
Old 05-13-2004, 08:12 PM
Unspoken

i origionally got into it to take my mind off the painful reality of life and stuff like not much money and bullys at school.in a twist of fate a bully picked a fight with me and i KICKED HIS ASS! now im part of the "cool" or "in" group.[8D]now i just use R/Cs as an excuse to get off the couch and do something.why watch 1000 reruns of the simpsons when you can ramp a R/C 20 ft in the air[&:]
Old 05-13-2004, 09:27 PM
Vanquish24

Yes same for me, just to get out of the house and stop wasting time on the pc playing games all night and day although i still spend a lot of time reading on diffrent forums and helping people out. All the attention is great too other than the stupid little kids that bug you asking how fast it goes. Plus i love to annoy the neighbors with my nitro rcs.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:45 PM
Bspill1

kotori,I live right by you. I live in San Carlos just north of Redwood City.

RC cars was a fun first hobby when I was little. I enjoyed building them mostly.

more recently I have regained my interest in the sport. An accident racing downhill mountain bikes left me paralyzed from the shoulders down. There is not too much excitement to be had as a quadriplegic. Now I take my RC truck and hit the same jumps as I did on my mountain bike. I am an adrenaline junkie at heart and this is the only fix I get.

this should hold me over until I get my Honda Pilot, Dune buggy with custom controls.

bet you didn't expect that answer.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:40 PM
samcim

ORIGINAL: LosiFan

I got into it so I would have something to do with my Son. I only get to see him every other weekend and miss him deeply while he's with his Mother. With this hobby I can spend every minute of the weekend with him. When we're not racing, we're cleaning and/or repairing our cars. He's 8 years old and this hobby has been a great opportunity for me to teach him how to work with tools and how everything works on rc cars. I got him his first truck for his eighth birthday last October and have watched him go from learning the steering basiscs, like how it steers the opposite direction when the car is coming toward you, to moving up to the Sportsman Sedan class, very soon. And we've made a bunch of new friends in the process. Sorry for being so wordy, but I love this hobby for what it's done for my relationship with my Son.
WOW thats great man, great post!
Old 05-17-2004, 09:47 AM
kotori

WOW, there's been some awesome replies here. Thanks, all! This is really gonna help my report a lot. Does anybody know of any racetracks in my area? I gotta start doing interviews soon. Thanks! [8D]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.