Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Need asvise PLEASE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 09:34 PM
thecatfish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need asvise PLEASE!!!!

My son is trying to decide between a 1/10 scale stadium truck or a 1/8 scale buggy. Which in your opinion is more fun? I am going to buy a 1/8 scale buggy. We will be mostly bashing and maybe someday racing. Any advice would be great.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:46 PM
Ratt

Default RE: Need asvise PLEASE!!!!

I've driven both, and am Biased towards the Truck. The truck, in my opinion is easier to handle. But if you are going to get the buggy, I would persuade him to also get a buggy. That way if you ever do decide to race, you two can race against each other, and practice together and help each other out.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:59 PM
ozzy9039
My Feedback: (6)

Both of course are good, but I would go with the buggy becuase it is agile & quick like a on-road but with off-road capability & it will have a lot better jump. Also if the one your looking at is 1/8 scale...well..bigger Hope this helps.
Old 05-16-2004, 07:06 AM
samcim

buggy imo, there great!
Old 05-18-2004, 04:53 AM
tenchl

A buggy has got to be the most fun, but if you are in about racing the car then i sugest that u buy a racing car, May i suggest the Thunder Tiger TS4N and TS4N Pro.

Tenchl
Old 05-18-2004, 06:20 AM
nitroboi36

my son and I have both, I have k3 he has 1/10 losi, that way he pits for me I pit for him,
1/8 is more intense and complex,1/10 are harder to drive they tend to spin out, easy
on the gas pedal
Old 05-18-2004, 11:06 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

Both are allot of fun, for bashing I'd say 1/8th scale for the simple reason it has 4WD.
10th scale STs are really designed for groomed race track conditions. And don't perform great off the track.

A 4WD is a lot more fun IMHO, much easier to drive in varying conditions

But the 1/8th scale will cost a lot more to run and maintain.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:07 PM
Vanquish24

Yea go with a 1/8 buggy. There suppaaa!
Old 05-19-2004, 07:09 AM
Featherpluckin
My Feedback: (6)

truck,buggy,truck,buggy,truck,buggy. Everyone has an opinion and all thier opoinions are great opinions. If he wants to have the most fun though find out what the people at the local track are driving and go with that especially if he wants to race. A four wheel drive 1/8 scale isnt alot of fun if everyone else is driving 2 wheel drive 10 scale cars. What ever he chooses though to have the most fun make sure he learns to maintain his car there is a lot more to the vehiclkes then just charging the battery (filling the fuel tank) and mashing the trigger. A little maintanence some driving practice and no matter what he chooses he will have a great time. There is nothing more frustrating then a vehicle that is forever breaking down and a wallet that is always broke.

Hope that helps

Jiust a little peice of my mind
There isnt much left.